The term ‘Cereal’ is pretty much a common household thing when it comes to breakfast ideas to eat. Breakfast cereal is quick, tasty and easy morning munching option.
What is Cereal?
In the simplest of terms, Cereal is a type of edible grain available in various types to be used as a healthy breakfast option. Some of the most commonly consumed types of cereal grains include:
- Quinoa etc.
These cereal types are used by different brands in a variety of ways as breakfast cereal options.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Cereal?
Excellent Source Of Fiber
Fiber is an important part of daily diet. There are various amazing benefits of fiber that just can’t be overlooked. These fiber benefits include:
- Reduction in cholesterol level
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps in digestion process and
The fiber in a breakfast cereal keeps you full for long hours without adding high calories. Healthkart Breakfast Cereals contain an amazing 11 gms of fiber per 100 gms of serving. And the calories you get in this consumption is just 350.50 kcal.
Rich Source Of essential Nutrients
The mineral content in Cereal is very good. Magnesium, calcium, and potassium can be found in certain cereal types. While other cereal types like ragi may also contain iron. Millets have a rich content of essential minerals and fiber too. Protein is another thing that is present in cereal, depending on the cereal type and cereal brand. For example – Healthkart Cereals are a good source of protein providing the consumer 20 gms of protein per 100 gms of cereal serving.There are other brands too that produce specifically high protein cereals designed for people actively involved in sports and fitness professionally.
Good Source Of Energy
Consuming a breakfast cereal is not only healthy for you but is also a good source of energy. The morning breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day. Thus, one has to ensure that the breakfast option is healthy, nutritious and packed with energy to keep you going great throughout the day. So, consuming a good breakfast cereal that is packed with essential nutrients and gives you energy, is very important. Eating breakfast cereal daily also ensures to almost compensate the loss of nutrients you might encounter during the other meals of your day.
Other Health Benefits Of Consuming Breakfast Cereal Include:
- Helps to maintain blood sugar levels
- Aids in weight management
- Good source of vitamins
- May reduce the risk of cancer
- Good source of antioxidants and omega-3
How To Make A Breakfast Cereal?
Well, there is no such fixed way to make a breakfast cereal. There are numerous ways in which you can easily make a yummy and nutritious breakfast cereal. Be it wheat flakes, oats, corn flakes or millet or any other types of cereal, there are various ingredients that can be added to personalize your breakfast cereal like:
- Milk (as per requirement)
- Fruits like mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, apples, raspberries etc.
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Edible seeds like chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds etc.
- Multi Cereal mix like oat rings, wheat flakes, soy flakes etc. To make it a more nutritious and healthy breakfast cereal option.
Delicious and Healthy Breakfast Cereal Recipe
Power Packed Cereal – By Tarla Dalal (Source – www.tarladalal.com)
200 gms quick cooking rolled oats
25 gms sunflower seeds (surajmukhi ke beej) (optional)
12 gms sesame seeds
50 gms wheat germ
50 gms brown sugar
50 gms chopped mixed nuts
50 ml oil
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
20 gms raisins (kismis)
- Mix the oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, wheat germ, brown sugar and chopped nuts in a bowl.
- Mix the oil, 1/2 teacup of water, vanilla essence and salt and whisk together. Add to the above dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture in a baking tray and bake at 190 degree C (375 degree F) for 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally until crisp and golden. Cool.
- Add the raisins and store in an air-tight container.
- Serve plain with milk or fruits.
Enjoy and Stay Healthy!