Apple Cider Vinegar has numerous health benefits, with using Apple Cider Vinegar for hair being a popular one. But before using Apple Cider Vinegar for hair, are there any precautions you should be aware of? Let's have a look!
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apple must/cider. There’s a structured fermentation process to make Apple Cider Vinegar. This process is a bit tedious and takes months to complete. But if done efficiently, the product that comes is effective too. You would be surprised to know that you can make Apple Cider Vinegar at home also.
Image Source: Boomerpreps.com
Read it here – How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home
There are various health benefits of apple cider vinegar. And one of the popular benefits is its benefit for hair health. Let’s understand how to use Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair.
Top 7 Benefits of Using Apple cider vinegar for hair
The side effects of chemical-laden products can be a real hazard for your hair health. On top of this are things like environmental damage due to pollution, harsh water quality and unhealthy diet too can affect your hair health and leave your hair dull & frizzy.
So what’s the solution? Well, there are several home remedies for hair health that can bring new life and make your hair smooth & strong. And one of the best remedies is to use Apple Cider Vinegar for hair.
Apple cider vinegar is a quite effective premium product that can be naturally included in your hair care routine.
Here is why you should apple cider vinegar hair:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar balances the pH level of sebum
2. It cleanses your hair
3. ACV has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
5. It adds to your hair shine
6. Apple cider vinegar is also known to aid in healthy hair growth and help prevent hair loss.
7. It may also help prevent split ends and hair breakage.
Now the next question is how to use Apple Cider Vinegar for hair? Well, there are several effective ways to use apple cider vinegar for hair. What you need to understand is that it is advisable to be done after consultation with a health expert or a dermatologist. The reason for doing so is nothing to be scared of, as an organic apple cider vinegar
with mother is natural health supplement and not a chemical laden harmful product. The only thing is that it is acetic in nature. And thus, you just need to be sure of its suitability to your hair and scalp. This will help understand the proper usage of apple cider vinegar for hair, how much to dilute it and what quantity to use it in.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for hair?
Here are some different and effective ways to use apple cider vinegar for hair.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Rinse
Apple cider vinegar for hair rinse can be quite effective to bring shine and luster to dull hair. ACV being rich in antioxidants can help balance the pH level
of the scalp also give a dose of required nourishment to make hair naturally healthy and beautiful.
Method to use ACV for hair
- First mix 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water
- Now, rinse hair with this solution after you wash them.
- You may also add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice, such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, or rosemary oil for enhanced benefits.
- Now for about 2-3 minutes, you should let this solution sit in your hair before you go ahead rinse it off with water.
Do remember to consult a health expert for recommended repetitions of usage or for any irritation or for side effects (if you experience any).
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff Remedy
Dandruff is quite a common problem faced by numerous people. One solution is that you can visit a doctor and get a medicine for the same. The second solution is that, if your dandruff is mild, you can use apple cider vinegar under the supervision of a certified health expert. The anti-fungal properties of Apple cider vinegar make it effective in combating dandruff. The acidic properties help in balancing the pH level of the scalp and build a protective layer.
Method to use ACV for Dandruff Remedy
- Mix Apple cider vinegar and water in equal parts
- This mixing can be done using a bottle
- Now before you shampoo your hair, gently dab this mixture on your scalp.
You can also buy Apple cider vinegar mixed with shampoo online, but make sure you only use it in a health expert recommended way. There are different good health brands that provide high-quality organic shampoos enriched with apple cider vinegar for sale online.
Other health benefits of apple cider vinegar
Following are some of the top health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
1. Aids the digestion process
2. Is good for heart health
3. Helps manage cholesterol levels by lowering high cholesterol
5. Is useful to balance/control blood sugar
6. Helps in detoxification of body
7. Helps in skin care
8. Helps reduce body odor when applied externally as advised by health expert/doctor
9. Helps soothe a sore throat
10. Aids in getting rid of common cold
Before you apply any solution on your hair or skin, which has apple cider vinegar mixed in it you ensure to consult a certified health expert or doctor for a better understanding on recommended dosage. A patch test will also be helpful.