|Fennel Seeds for Acidity|
|Fennel Seeds for Gas|
|Fennel Seeds for Digestion|
|Home remedies with fennel seeds|
Fennel seeds, the aromatic spice, are an integral part of an Indian kitchen. Fennel seeds after meal are a regular practice in Indian households, as they work wonderfully to refresh the mouth. However, did you know that people consume fennel seeds for acidity as a highly effective remedy?
Well, Fennel is an important ingredient in various Indian food recipes. Fennel seeds are rich in minerals; vitamins and nutrients like magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and calcium. They are also popular as a natural remedy for digestive disorders.
There are various ways you can include fennel seeds for acidity in your daily routine. This article will give you an insight as to how fennel seeds can benefit your overall digestive system and help you deal with everyday gastric issues.
Fennel Seeds for Acidity
Excessive secretion of acids by gastric glands causes acidity. Long gaps between each meal and improper food timings can lead to acidity. Acidity can cause other discomforts like gas, stomach ache, and flatulence. Taking fennel seeds for acidity relieves you from this discomfort.
Anethole, a compound present in fennel, acts as an excellent soothing agent for the stomach. The anti-ulcer properties of fennel cool the lining of the stomach and work for constipation. The minerals, vitamins, and nutrients along with fibre make fennel seeds the best remedy for stomach disorders like acidity.
Fennel seeds for acidity are considered to be the safest remedy for pregnant women. Women experience various stomach issues and acidity is one of them. Consuming fennel seeds either in the form of a decoction or by soaking them in water can help. They can also be chewed for relief from acidity.
Fennel Seeds for Gas
Fennel seeds are rich in fibre and every tablespoon of fennel seeds contain about 2 gms of fibre. A diet rich in fibre can relieve you from constipation and other digestive issues that cause gas. The anti-bacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting bacteria that could cause gassiness in case of an upset stomach. Adding fennel seeds for gas to your diet helps in the smooth functioning of the digestive tract. Natural gripe water prepared from fennel seeds can relieve infants as well from colic i.e., gassiness.
How to consume fennel seeds for gas?
There are various ways of consuming fennel seeds to get relief from digestive disorders like gas. Some of them have been listed below:
- If you are making tea with fennel seeds or using them for cooking, it is best recommended to crush them before adding in order to get the goodness of the oils as well as flavours.
- You can add roasted fennel seeds to enhance the sweetness and flavour of your dishes.
- Prepare a decoction of fennel seeds by boiling them in water.
- Fennel seeds can be added while baking as well.
- You can simply consume a fennel seed supplement if you are not comfortable with any of the above.
Read further for some recipes that make for amazing home remedies with fennel seeds for digestive issues
Fennel Seeds for Digestion
Fennel seeds are known to reduce inflammation. They inhibit the swelling of the intestines to improve digestion. Fennel seeds also relax the intestinal muscles and help you alleviate constipation.
Digestive juices and enzymes are highly essential for an effective digestive process. Consuming fennel seeds helps in the process by enhancing the secretion of these juices and enzymes. The rich fibre content makes fennel seeds for digestion a great option. Fennel seeds prevent sudden contraction of intestinal muscles and remedies flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, and bloating.
Home remedies with fennel seeds
The anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties and presence of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and fibre make fennel seeds an ideal solution for all digestive disorders. Here are some recipes to consume fennel seeds for digestion in various ways to keep stomach disorders at bay.
1. Fennel Tea
You can make fennel tea in different ways.
- Preparation using dried fennel seeds
- Roast fennel seeds in a pan
- You can use a mortar or coffee grinder to crush the roasted fennel seeds
- Add a teaspoon of fennel seeds to a cup of water for 5 minutes. Allow it to settle and filter it into a glass using a strainer
- Preparation using powdered fennel seeds
- Roast fennel seeds in a pan
- Make a fine powder using a mixer-grinder
- Add a teaspoon of fennel powder to a glass of hot water and allow it to rest for some time and your tea will be ready
- Preparation using tea bags
Fennel tea bags are easily available online.
Dip the tea bag in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes. You can dip it longer if you want your tea to be stronger.
Once the tea is ready, you can add a dash of honey to it to make it sweeter. Sipping a cup of fennel tea soon after a meal can keep digestive issues at bay.
2. Fennel Seeds Roasted and Powdered
- Dry roast a handful of fennel seeds and make a fine powder
- Mix ½ teaspoon of powder in a cup of warm water
- Consume twice daily after a meal for optimum result
Fennel seeds are the safest to use and are a part of some of the best home remedies for various health issues. Taking fennel seeds for acidity provides a promising relief and it can be observed that offering fennel seeds after meal is as if a ritual in most Indian households and restaurants. In general, fennel seeds can be consumed to treat any digestive disorder like flatulence, bloating, irritable bowel disorder, etc.