There is more to whey protein than the regular shake. Move from shake to bake with interesting raw whey protein recipes.
For fitness enthusiasts like you, a whey protein shake is the standard norm to get your protein fix. However, drinking the same whey protein day in and day out becomes monotonous. No one said that bodybuilding has to be boring for your taste buds. It’s possible to give an interesting twist to your regular shake with interesting recipes of raw whey protein powder and without compromising on the muscle-building protein. All you need to do is to move from shake to bake and create a complete meal with recipes, like pancakes, dessert bars and brownies. You can even add different flavours and interesting ingredients to raw whey protein powder to whip a delicious breakfast smoothie that meets your protein needs and keeps you asking for more.
Mornings are usually rushed, but this doesn’t mean that you go protein hungry or drink the same whey protein shake that you drank yesterday, or for that matter day before yesterday. Put a few simple ingredients along with raw whey protein in the blender and your delicious shake is ready to savour.
Strawberry Protein Shake Recipe
- Strawberries: 10-15
- MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein: 1 scoop
- Skimmed milk: 180ml
- Vanilla flavour: ¼ teaspoon
Blend all these ingredients together to customize your breakfast smoothie. Replace strawberry with cocoa powder to prepare a delicious chocolate whey protein shake.
Do you wish to add more punch to your shake? Then you are going to love this protein packed smoothie recipe. The healthy dose of vitamins, vitamin C, fiber and protein make it a well-rounded meal in a glass.
Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut butter 1 scoop
- Almond milk 473ml (2 cups)
- Strawberries & Raspberries 1/2 cup
- Powdered oatmeal 1 cup
- MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein 1 scoop
Soak a cup of almonds in two cups of water. Let it stay for two days. Peel and blend it in a blender with a cup of water. Strain it and it’s ready to use. In the almond milk, put the rest of the ingredients run it in a blender. Enjoy.
YOU CAN BAKE DISHES WITH RAW WHEY
Do you think it’s impossible to have your cake and eat it too? Well, you have not added whey to your batter so far. This simple addition raises protein content by several notches and satisfies your sweet tooth without making you feel guilty. Learn to bake new dishes with raw whey protein.
Baking with raw whey protein is simple if you follow certain guidelines. Since whey is a drying ingredient, you need to be careful when you substitute whey protein with baking flour in your recipes. While baking with whey protein, you are better off using quinoa and oatmeal flour.
- It’s easy to sneak in whey protein in readymade pancake or cake mixes, but do ensure that the batter should not contain more than 1/4 whey protein.
- Since whey is dehydrating in nature, therefore it needs to be baked in the company of ingredients like Greek yogurt, applesauce, bananas or berries to add moisture to it.
- You should use a binding substance like egg whites or whole eggs when you are baking.
- Whey protein will burn at high temperature. Therefore, keep the temperature 25 degrees lower than usual when you are baking with whey protein.
- Do not beat the whey cake mix too vigorously
Chocolate Whey Protein Muffin Recipe
For 6 muffins
- 100g Buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta)
- 40g Sukrin Gold (Brown sugar alternative)
- 30g Raw Whey Protein powder
- 20g Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120ml coconut milk
- 2 Eggs
- 80g Unsweetened applesauce
To prepare applesauce follow the following steps
- Peel, core and chop apples. Combine apple, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Your applesauce is ready to be used for baking.
- Preheat your oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius. Mix dry ingredients together (flour, Sukrin, whey, cocoa, baking powder). Beat liquid ingredients together (coconut milk, applesauce, eggs).
- Fold the two mixtures and you will get a smooth normal cake batter. Pour into a silicone muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. The muffins are cooked when the blade of a knife comes out clean.
Creating whey protein bars at home with raw whey protein is simple, if you select a flour that can be eaten raw, like coconut flour (dehydrated, desiccated coconut) or almond flour (grind dry/ sprouted almonds) to obtain one.
Bind the flour and raw whey protein with milk/ coconut/almond milk. Once the batter is ready, shape it into bars. You may add desiccated coconut powder or coconut flour to your batter if you feel it is gooey. Coat the bars with melted chocolate and freeze it. After 30 minutes your bar would be ready to use.
Coconut Vanilla Whey Protein Bar Recipe
- Raw whey protein: 1/2 cup
- Coconut flakes: 1/4cup
- Coconut flour: 1/4 cup
- Dark chocolate melted: 30grams
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence: 1/4 teaspoon
Fold the ingredients together and pour chocolate over your bars. Allow it to freeze before it satisfies your taste buds.
Whey Protein Pancakes Recipe
You can easily make whey protein pancakes. They are rich in protein and work as a perfect breakfast.
- 1/4 cup Raw oats
- 1/4cup Cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop Raw Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Egg whites
- Blend all the ingredients together and pour the batter over a hot griddle.
- Flip when the edges start browning
- Top it off with peanut butter and almonds
Include raw whey protein powder to create interesting recipes that satisfy your taste buds as well as meet your protein needs.