Aloe juice is one of the most commonly used substances in the field of Indian medicine. Not only is it a good source of protein, but it also helps in the growth and development of muscles and regulates the release of hunger hormones such as peptides within the body.
One of the lesser-known health benefits of aloe vera juice is that it is also completely fat-free. In fact, nearly 97% of the aloe vera plant consists of water. However, this plant is also filled with essential nutrients such as the B Class vitamins which stimulate the process of metabolic activity within the body, making aloe juice one of the safest and most natural ways to lose weight.
It is often recommended that you include aloe vera for weight loss as a stable part of any diet aimed at shedding the extra kilos. This is due to its natural reserves of amino acids, sterols, and enzymes which improve your body’s absorption of nutrients from external sources, as well as their utilisation thereafter.
Health Benefits Of Consuming Aloe Vera As Juice
Given below are some of the few health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice as a part of your daily diet:
- Maintains Blood Sugar Levels: An imbalanced blood sugar level can lead to complications such as insulin spikes, which is especially dangerous for those diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. One of the aloe juice benefits is that it helps balance your body’s blood sugar levels.
- Healthy Skin: Another aloe vera juice benefits is that it helps improve your body’s natural hydration levels and forms a protective barrier around the skin to prevent unwanted loss of water from its surface. These health benefits of aloe vera are primarily why it is used as a major component in several cosmetic appliances.
- Improves Digestion: An important aloe juice benefits is that it helps with the smooth digestion of food due to its natural probiotics that boost the presence of healthy micro bacteria within the gut. Other health benefits of aloe vera include the elimination of toxins from the body and prevents constipation.
5 Best Aloe Vera Recipes
You can avail these benefits of drinking aloe vera juice by infusing them into a variety of recipes as well. Given below are five different ways that you can make aloe juice a part of your daily diet.
#1. Aloe Vera Cucumber Mojito
This is a delicious twist on your regular mojito that is super nourishing and delicious as well.
- 1 cup of chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- A handful of mint leaves
- 3 inches peeled ginger
- 2–4 tbsp aloe vera juice
- 2 whole lemons
- A large cucumber
- Wash the lemons and cucumbers with water.
- Slice them into thin circular discs and place them inside a large container of your choice. Using an airtight container will help you keep the product fresher for longer.
- Chop your peeled ginger into roughly sized pieces and add it to the pitcher.
- Muddle the ingredients with a muddler. You can also use the back of a ladle in case you do not have one on hand.
- Once the cucumber and the ginger release their juices, add in the mint leaves, aloe juice, and cold water.
- Let the mixture sit for a minimum of 6 hours in a refrigerator.
Since the primary uses of aloe vera juice here are to promote weight loss, make sure to consume this mixture in the morning. This will help the fat-burning effect last throughout the day.
#2. Aloe Vera Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are full of nutrients and are the perfect way to start your day off. This recipe combines aloe vera for an added element of goodness
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby chard
- 1 banana
- 1 cup aloe vera juice
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- Half a cucumber
- Half a cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons protein powder of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the aloe vera juice and the rolled oats
- Let them marinate for a bit until the oats absorb all the liquid.
- Using a food processor, blend the rest of your ingredients along with the prepared oat mixture on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Serve chilled with a garnish of your choice.
#3. Aloe Vera Lemonade
Putting a twist on the classic lemonade, this recipe is sure to keep you hydrated and fulfil your vitamin c needs for the day.
- Warm water
- Half a lemon
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Ginger juliennes
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a glass, combine your warm water with the aloe vera juice, lemon, cayenne pepper, and honey.
- Stir well and top off with ginger and some mint if desired.
- You can also experiment with this recipe by serving it with cold water and ice cubes.
#4. Strawberry Smoothie
Combining the subtle flavours of strawberry with the nutritional benefits of aloe vera, this recipe is the perfect way to start off your mornings.
- Half tablespoon beetroot powder
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh aloe vera juice
- Half a cup of frozen raspberries
- Half a cup of frozen strawberries
- Combine the aloe juice, the frozen strawberries and raspberries, beetroot powder, and coconut water in a blender.
- Blend the mixture at high speed for about a minute until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve chilled.
#5. Aloe Vera Citrus Punch
This recipe is based on the classic fruit punch with an added twist of the aloe vera, making it the perfect choice for an evening beverage.
- 3 tablespoons aloe vera juice
- 6 oranges
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 lime
- Juice the oranges and the pomegranates separately using a food processor and set them aside.
- Make sure that you get rid of all the bitters before juicing them as it may interfere with the flavour profile of your recipe.
- In a large pitcher, bring together the aloe vera juice, pomegranate juice, and orange juice.
- Add the juice of lime to the mixture and stir well.
- The recipe should have a natural sweetness to it but you can also add some coconut nectar to enhance the flavour.
- Serve it chilled with some ice cubes and cucumber slices.
While drinking aloe vera for weight loss is a perfectly fine thing to do, consuming this juice in large quantities can cause a major imbalance of electrolytes within your body. Make sure that you are not exceeding 8 ounces a day.