|Reasons Behind Gray Hair|
|Stop Premature Gray Hair|
|Fight Graying Hair|
|Vitamins & Other Products|
Graying of the hair is one of the most common signs of growing older, and is quite a natural thing to happen. However, there has been an increasing number of cases in which young people are facing the issue of premature gray hair.
This is significantly experienced among younger men who usually start out with a slight greying area near the temples and end up having a head full of gray hair color. One of the ways to avoid something like this from happening is to consume hair vitamins.
Hair vitamins are usually nutritional supplements of choices that provide your hair with the adequate amount of vitamins and minerals they need. Our hair is primarily produced by a certain type of pigment cells called melanocytes which reside within the hair follicles. These melanocytes produce a substance called melanin which is responsible for the color of your skin and color. As we grow older, the production of melanin in our body comes to a stop, meaning that our hair loses all color, leading to gray hair color.
Men, in general, begin to experience gray hair color and premature gray hair after reaching thirty years of age, while women begin to see these symptoms later on, around the age of 35. This is due to the gradual loss of the synthesis of hair vitamins such as biotin and vitamin A within the body, which is required to boost the production of melanin.
Premature gray hair has also manifested itself in younger children due to poor hair health and the onset of certain diseases which affect the properties of the autoimmune system within the body.
Reasons Behind Premature Gray Hair
One of the most common reasons for experiencing conditions such as the graying of hair is genetic factors. The hair health of your parents plays a huge role in your current scenario. Figuring out when they first began to experience hair graying and whether or not it was triggered by any specific event is a good way to find out common stress points and take measures to avoid going through it all by yourself.
Hair health is also massively affected by the diagnosis of certain conditions such as thyroid disorders, significant deficiency of Vitamin B12 for hair, and vitiligo – a condition in which a person experiences random patches of really white skin on their body. In addition to a potential lack of Vitamin B12 for hair, discolouration of hair can also happen due to certain surgeries and treatments such as gastric bypass. It was also found that smokers are at a higher risk of experiencing graying hair.
Preventions That You Can Take To Stop Premature Gray Hair
Now that you have understood the reasons behind the graying of hair, here are a few things that you can do to avoid experiencing it from an early age onwards;
- Always make sure to constantly check-up with a medical health practitioner about not just your hair health but also overall body fitness levels to catch any issue head-on.
- Indulge in diets that are rich in essential nutrients. Freshly cut fruits, dark leafy vegetables, green vegetables etc are one of the most essential things to consume to make sure that the body does not have to experience gray hair. You can also supplement your diet with certain hair vitamins as a way to meet the recommended daily allowance of hair.
- Engage in a lot of exercises. Doing this while stimulating the blood in your body and kick up hormone secretion, which can be useful since it also increases the rate of absorption of hair vitamins from daily food sources.
Hair Vitamins To Fight Graying Hair
Given below are some of the few essential hair vitamins that you need to be consuming as a part of your nutritional intake in order to fight off the onset of gray hair at a premature age:
- Vitamin A: This is one of the good vitamins for hair and is responsible for ensuring the production of sebum, an oily substance that is produced by the skin.
- Vitamin C: Among other good vitamins for healthy hair is Vitamin C since it is a rich source of natural antioxidants which prevent the body from experiencing oxidative stress. This is also useful for preventing hair fall. besides all its known healthful qualities is an antioxidant.
- Vitamin B: The B class of vitamins such as Vitamin B12 for hair are one of the good vitamins for hair since they are useful for restoring the function of healthy skin and hair by improving the working of the immune system and reducing the chances of developing any illnesses.
- Para-Amino benzoic Acid (PABA): These nutrients are an answer to solving the question “For hair which vitamin is good?”. They are technically an extended part of the B class of vitamins and they work towards reducing the chances of our hair becoming gray. This is done by combining the actions of pantothenic and folic acids, which can be useful in reversing hair damage and restoring the original colour.
- Inositol: Another of the vitamins for healthy hair includes inositol, a common substance found within the body which is useful for promoting the overall growth of hair and reducing the chances of experiencing premature gray hair and hair loss.
- Biotin: This is one of the good vitamins for hair since biotin is a major protein based component of the hair on which the structure of the follicles, growth of hair, and secretion of melanin depends.
- Niacin: Among the different vitamins for healthy hair Niacin is useful for increasing the circulation of blood within the scalp and strengthening the hair follicles.
Things To Keep In Mind While Using Hair Vitamins & Other Products
- Always consult with a doctor before using any form of hair vitamins along with your daily diet since different medications have varying effects and the random addition of nutrients may interfere with your hair growth progress.
- In case you use any cosmetic appliances to ensure the proper growth of hair and prevent premature graying, make sure to read the box for the presence of harmful compounds such as sulphates which can damage your hair permanently.
- In case you are opting for a nutritional supplement, always make sure to go through the label for the date of manufacture, presence of artificial flavouring and compounds, as well as the dosage of the vitamins that you are consuming.
One of the most important things to do while consuming hair vitamins to deal with the premature graying of hair is to follow a healthy balanced diet that consists of healthy carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Doing this in combination with a fixed exercise regime can help your hair stay healthy for longer.