|Grape seed extract uses|
|Grape seed extract benefits|
|Grape seed extract benefits for skin|
|Grape seed extract for weight loss|
|Grape seed extract side effects|
Did you know that grape seed extract is super beneficial for your health? Well, the seeds of red wine grapes are the only source of grape seed extract, which is known to benefit several health conditions. But the fact is that both growing and extraction methods play a vital role in influencing the properties of the grape seed extract.
Among the countless grape seed extract uses are its antioxidant properties, besides it being rich in anthocyanins, phenolic acid, flavonoids, and proanthocyanidins.
Read on to understand in detail how grape seed extract benefits and works wonders for your health.
Grape seed extract uses
Here are some of the best grape seed extract uses given below:
- It helps in treating atherosclerosis, a condition caused by the accumulation of fat on the lining of the arteries.
- Grape seed extract is known to aid the treatment of behavioural disorders like ADHD in children that causes difficulty in learning, constant distraction, and hyperactiveness.
- It is used to arrest the breakdown of collagen and works as an anti-ageing remedy.
- It prevents dental cavities.
- Macular Degeneration or the degeneration of the central part of the retina which can cause vision loss can be prevented with the use of grape seed extract.
- It is also used to prevent retinopathy, an ophthalmic disease that can impair vision or cause blindness.
- Varicose veins can be averted with the use of grape seed extract.
Grape seed extract benefits
There is an array of grape seed extract benefits, some of which are discussed below:
- Being rich in antioxidants, grape seed extract helps in averting oxidative stress, inflammation, and damage of tissue.
- It controls blood pressure levels and is greatly effective in people who are obese or have metabolic issues.
- Grape seed extract improves blood flow. Studies conducted on healthy women in the postmenstrual stage showed that the extract helped in the thinning of the blood and prevented blood clotting.
- The proanthocyanidin present in the extract reduces swelling of the legs in otherwise healthy women.
- Increased levels of LDL cholesterol leads to the accumulation of fats on the lining of arteries and can lead to heart diseases. Grape seed extract reduces the risk of heart diseases by controlling the LDL cholesterol levels.
- Flavonoids present in the extract help to boost bone strength. They also reduce joint damage and pain
- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of flavonoids delay the commencement of Alzheimer’s.
- Kidneys are easy targets for oxidation and damage due to inflammation. The antioxidant property of grape seed extract helps in averting this damage and regulates the functioning of the kidneys.
- It shuns the growth of foodborne bacterial growth and thus averts food poisoning and stomach upsets.
- Flavonoids and proanthocyanidins present in grape extract reduce the risk of cancer.
- Viral infections, intake of drugs and alcohol as well as pollution have a toxic effect on your body and the liver plays a pivotal role in detoxifying your body. Grape seed extract helps in maintaining liver health which is crucial for the overall health of your body.
- Including grape seed extract in the diet helps men greatly by improving testosterone levels. However, grape seed extract does not directly impact the testosterone level. It indirectly helps in improving the testosterone level by depleting the estrogen level. Increased levels of testosterone levels are highly beneficial for bodybuilders as it helps in improving the performance during strenuous bodybuilding workout routines.
Grape seed extract benefits for skin
The grape seed extract is a good source of Vitamin C and E and also contains flavonoids with great antioxidant properties. All put together, grape seed extract does wonders to the skin. It improves the texture of the skin while reducing the signs of ageing. Also, proanthocyanidins with immense antioxidants and anti-inflammatory present in grape seed extract are great for skin care.
The following are the several grape seed extract benefits for skin
- Pollution, UV rays of sun, stress, and smoking create free radicals and you cannot escape from them all. The grape seed extract is packed with antioxidant properties that fight these free radicals and keep your skin free from pigmentation and fine lines.
- It helps in the synthesis of estrogen and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- The antioxidant properties clubbed with Vitamin C boosts the skin’s moisture while keeping it flexible and soft.
- The microbial properties along with the antioxidant properties in grape seed extract keep the skin evenly toned and prevent acne.
The grape seed extract benefits for skin makes it an important ingredient in almost all skincare products.
Grape seed extract for weight loss
Besides the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, grape seed extract reduces fat deposits by boosting the absorption of fat from our diet.
Grape seed extract for weight loss can be recommended as it increases the rate that helps in burning the extra calories. By boosting the energy levels, grape seed extract enhances the performance during strenuous physical activities.
Grape seed extract side effects
Grape seed extract side effects are minimal and it is generally considered safe. Yet in some cases, there may be mild side effects like nausea, headache or dizziness.
You should consult a physician before consuming grape seed extract if you have bleeding disorders or have high blood pressure. Some of you may be allergic to grape seed extract and so an allergy test is recommended before use.
People who are already on medication should consult a physician before taking grape seed extract. It may have interactions when consumed with blood thinners or painkillers like aspirin. You should avoid grape seed extract if you are undergoing treatment for cancer.
The grape seed extract is not recommended for children, pregnant women, and women who are breastfeeding.
Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and microbial properties, grape seed extract could be a great supplement for overall health benefit. You can flaunt flawless glowing skin along with robust health at all stages of your life simply by including grape seed extract in your diet.