A lot of us are looking for quick tips to cut down fat. Not everyone want to bulk up and get huge. However, dieting can be a little tricky and hard to do properly if approached incorrectly
Here are some tips to cut down on fat:
1. Macronutrient ratios and number of calories are equally important: There are two ends of the spectrum here, people who ignore the optimium ratio for carbs, fats and protein, and people who give it too much importance. Rule number 1 is that you must eat more calories than you should spend on your day to day work to gain, and eat lesser than what you burn to lose. Although, this rule isn’t enough to live by, but it remains true in all cases.
Now we come to the matter of where the calorie comes from. For the optimum growth, the total calories should be in 5:3:2 ratio of calories from carbs, proteins and fats respectively. This doesn’t mean you will gain muscle if you eat lesser than what you burn or that you would lose fat if you eat more than that amount. If you do the weight loss diet correctly, you’ll surely appreciate the break. You may stay under or exceed that amount of calories in any case, so no matter whether your calorie ratio is being optimal or not. A man eating 100-200 calories above maintenance level will lose no fat, even if he cut out all the carbs and vice-versa.
2. Keep your training the same: If heavy compound movements are what you need to build the muscle in first place, then why would you switch to light weights and worthless exercises? Most people answer this with “to get more defined” or “to get cut up”. WRONG. Isolation exercises won’t change the shape of muscle or make it look striated. Train hard and heavy, and try to maintain the amount of weight you were lifting. If your squat or bench press weight falls significantly in the first week of cutting, you’re doing something wrong.
3. Do it gradually: Often you see people cutting out all the carbs in the first week of dieting, or maybe cutting down calories way too much. It is extremely important to pace yourself and take baby steps in cutting down. Start with lesser carbs during the late half of the day, and then gradually get down to whatever your plan suggests. This is among the top ways to cut down fat in an effective manner. Don’t just get down to zero immediately or you’ll burn out and lose strength.
4. Understand hormones: This is an extension of the macronutrient ratio effects. For example, a high carb, low fat diet might burn off weight due to caloric depletion, but it would burn off the wrong sort of weight, i.e. muscle. That is because if you have a large amout of carbs and not total enough calories, your insulin levels stay high and actually protect your stored body fat. This is why moderate/low carb diets works better and that’s how to lose body fat effectively. Fat burner can be a useful tool in increasing the count of calories burnt.
5. Don’t diet the entire time: Nobody wants to watch what they eat entire year. Dieting involves mental preparation, and it’s hard to feel motivated if done over a long period. Instead of driving yourself over the edge, breaking down and eating far too much again, schedule a day in a week or two when you let go and eat what you want. Once in a while, go for a green tea diet. This helps to refuel your muscles with glycogen, replenish metabolic rates and provide you with the mental satisfaction to eat to your heart’s content once in a while.
6. Manipulate your metabolism: Many of you want to know about how to burn fat fast? If you can afford them, BCAA amino acid supplements can be a great tool in protecting muscle. Supplementation with fat burner tablets and BCAA is important when cutting down as these products are tailored to protect muscle and burn fat.
7. Keep hydrated: Water fills you up and keeps you going. It suppresses that empty stomach feeling and helps you get past mental barriers. Drink as much as you can.
We can understand that cutting down can be an unpleasent exercise, but its benefits are fitting. Whether it’s a power lifter trying to switch down a weight class or a regular guy trying to look better, it’s something most of us must do it at some point. We hope this article helps.
Train hard, eat right, and stay lean!