Celery is one of the most commonly known superfoods for losing weight since consuming it requires your body to burn more calories than it actually contains. This is the main reason why a lot of people have been drinking celery juice to speed up their weight loss process. Not only does drinking this fill them up, but celery juice is also rich in natural fibers, making it a great source of digestion and avoiding problems like constipation.
Celery juice is also a huge part of the nutritional intakes of those who opt for juicing for weight loss – a particular form of dieting in which most of the food intake comes from liquid sources, rather than solid food. Juicing for weight loss is believed to cleanse the system of any harmful toxins, purify our blood, and restore the natural reserve of antioxidants in our bodies.
Let us understand more about the effect that celery juice as a part of our daily diet can have on our body.
Health Benefits Of Celery Juice
Given below are some of the health benefits of including celery juice in your nutritional intake.
Celery Juice For Weight Loss
One of the most common juicing for weight loss cleanses includes drinking about half a liter of celery juice every morning on an empty stomach. You can also opt for more as you develop a resistance to the juice. Once you down the whole bottle, you can go about your day following a normal balanced diet that is rich in proteins, carbs, and fats. This cycle will last for a period of ten days, during which your body will automatically be put in a state of caloric deficit.
This is because filling up on celery juice will kickstart your metabolic activity for the day and burn the nutrients that you consume at a faster pace for the rest of the day. However, you need to be careful in such cases since the benefits of celery juice also come with certain risks such as lack of the proper nutritional intake and occasional hunger pangs. Another of the many benefits of celery juice includes its effectiveness as a digestion enhancer. Since it contains a natural source of electrolytes and dietary fibers it helps prevent the loss of water while ensuring smooth digestion.
- Hydrating In Nature: Celery consists of about 90% water, making it one of the best sources for getting hydration from solid foods. This is useful for maintaining the right blood pressure, regulating body temperature, managing basic cognitive function, aiding the transport of essential nutrients, and promoting the proper functioning of our kidneys.
- Contains Little Sugar: One of the benefits of celery juice is that consuming a single cup of it will give you no more than five grams of naturally contained sugars, making celery juice a healthier alternative to the tons of sugary carbonated beverages available in the market. Celery juice is also incredibly low in calories, making it the ideal choice of beverage to consume throughout the day.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Celery juice is one of the most essential sources of phytonutrients, a type of antioxidants that are designed to reduce the inflammatory response of the body. These also help in reducing the oxidative stress exerted on external organs while also getting rid of the free radicals present in the body.
Including antioxidant-rich foods as a part of our daily diet has been shown to reduce the risk of developing health problems such as cardiovascular disease, obesity, etc. Additionally, the benefits of celery juice also include clearing up the skin and preventing complications like eczema.
- Boosts Immunity: Following the recipe for celery juice is a good way to boost your body’s intake of vitamin c. The increased levels of vitamin c are useful for functions such as boosting the stimulation of collagen, improving the absorption of nutrients like iron, enhancing the function of the white blood cells, promoting the healing process of cellular tissues, and aiding the maintenance of cartilage in our body.
- Boosts Bone Health: One of the lesser-known benefits of following the recipe for celery juice is that it provides your body with a healthy input of vitamin k. Also known as potassium, this nutrient has a huge role in promoting the metabolism of the bones, aiding the clotting of blood, and regulating the amount of calcium present in it.
It also enhances the function of prothrombin, a naturally occurring protein within the body whose clotting factor has a role to play in the metabolism of bones. Consumption of the recipe for celery juice is also useful for strengthening the bones in general, improving bone density, and reducing the risk of being prone to fractures.
Recipes For Celery Juice
Given below are some of the celery juice recipes that you can follow to promote a natural and healthy weight loss for your body:
#1. Plain Ole Celery Juice
This celery juice recipe highlights the classic celery juice with no extra ingredients. Makes for a great beverage to consume through any time of the day.
- About eight to ten stalks of celery
- Half a cup of water
- Wash the celery sticks thoroughly until there is no dirt. Chop off either end of the celery stalks and discard the leaves.
- Finely chop up the celery and put it in a high powered blender to crush it down to a smooth juice. You can also add in about half a cup of water to ease the process and help incorporate the celery better.
- Blend this mixture on high until you get a fine consistency. You can also strain it with a muslin cloth or a fine strainer to remove some of the purees.
- Save the pulp for later as you can use it to add texture to foods like smoothies. Pour the refined celery juice into a tall glass with some ice. Serve chilled and enjoy.
#2. Celery Cucumber Juice
This cool cucumber celery juice recipe is a good way to beat the heat while helping you lose some weight.
- 60 grams of celery
- 6 mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups of cucumber chunks
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 4 green apples
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 15 grams ginger
- Pour the ginger, mint, apple, celery, and cucumber into the blender. Blend at high speed to extract and collect the juice.
- Add in some sugar and lemon and mix until incorporated.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes and mint leaves in a tall glass.
#3. Apple Celery Juice
This is one of the best juicing recipes for weight loss. It combines the sweetness of the apples with the goodness of the celery, making it the perfect beverage to consume throughout the day.
- 2 cups of celery juice
- 4 cups green apple juice
- 3 cups of red apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a large blender, combine all your ingredients and blend until you get a smooth consistency. Strain your juice to get rid of any excess pulp. Serve chilled in a tall glass with some ice cubes.
While celery juice is certainly a good way to go about losing weight in the short term, it is not practical for a long-term and sustainable form of weight loss. Most of your body’s weight loss should come from the proper combination of good food and better exercise, and not by detoxes or cleanses. This is why you must stick to natural whole foods that are designed to meet all your vitamin requirements for the day.