With so much emphasis on weight loss everywhere, it’s an uphill task to look for information on weight gain. However, whether you are looking for weight loss or weight gain, you cannot ignore the importance of a healthy breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as it fuels you for the day ahead. For a few people, gaining weight is as tough as losing weight for many people. If you want to gain a few pounds, you will have to search for weight gaining breakfast.
In order to gain weight, the first meal of the day should be high in healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and protein. Food options like full egg, whole wheat cereals, etc. provide abundant protein that helps to develop strong muscles. If you are among the few people who want to gain weight, read on.
How to Gain Weight Slowly But Steadily?
To gain weight, you need to calculate calories in your diet and eat accordingly. You should either have calorie-rich food or the toppings should be rich in calories. Try to gain weight slowly and not rapidly. Eat small and frequent meals that are both nutrition and calorie-laden. Take it easy and do not rush towards your goal.
The Best Weight Gain Breakfast Ideas
Eating a nutritious breakfast is the best way to gain weight. You can go for smoothies or shakes with not only high fat but also high protein content. Don’t add a lot of sugar just because you want to gain weight. Even if you have a high protein diet, you are bound to build muscles that are much heavier than fats. So, to prepare a healthy breakfast for weight gain, you can add protein powder to your shake or smoothie. The following are some of the ideas that make for the best breakfast for weight gain:
1. Omelette Packed with Cheese and Sausages
This is surely a weight gaining breakfast recipe. This high calorie breakfast food is rich in carbohydrates and fats.
Egg Whites, whole egg, chicken sausages, goat cheese(grated), olive oil, salt to taste, black pepper, and garnishing of choice
- Beat the whole egg and egg whites with a beater and add salt and pepper to it.
- Add oil to a pan and cook the chicken sausages for a minute. Take them out.
- Cook the blended eggs in a pan and spread them evenly.
- Add chicken sausages and grated cheese to a half-cooked omelette and keep stirring it for 20 more seconds on a low flame.
- Your high calorie breakfast to gain weight is prepared. Season it with cilantro.
2. Yogurt with Nuts And Fruits
This delicacy is a healthy morning diet for weight gain.
Thick curd, fresh fruits, dry fruits (as per your choice), granola, honey, and protein powder
- Add fruits, nuts, granola, and honey to the curd.
- Whisk the above ingredients so that they are evenly distributed.
- Add protein powder to provide it with more nutrition.
- An energy-packed weight gaining breakfast is ready.
3. Avocado and Egg Sandwich
Avocado is the best breakfast for weight gain. Avocado oil is used as cooking oil for all those who want to gain weight but raw avocado is packed with fibres, vitamins, and calories.
Whole wheat bread, sliced avocado, boiled eggs, mashed cottage cheese, pepper, salt, and pepita
- Toast the bread and spread cottage cheese on it.
- Add boiled egg and slices of avocado to it.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt on it.
4. Cottage Cheese Pancake with Raspberry Jelly
Since Raspberry jelly has ample sugar, this is surely a weight gaining breakfast recipe.
Cottage cheese, lightly beaten eggs, honey, coconut oil, butter, Greek yogurt, raspberry jelly
- Mix cottage cheese, honey, eggs, wheat flour, coconut oil, and milk in a bowl.
- Heat the butter on a pan and add a spoon of pancake batter.
- Roll over the batter to the other side.
- Serve it with a pinch of raspberry jelly and greek yoghurt.
5. Oatmeal Porridge with Peanuts and Bananas
This recipe is well balanced with nutrients and is a healthy breakfast for weight gain
Oats, full fat milk, soaked raisins, sliced bananas, peanut butter, honey
- Add the oats to the boiling milk.
- Cook until the milk thickens and oats soften.
- Add peanut butter and honey and stir it well.
- Top it with raisins and banana slices.
6. Jam Sandwich and Peanut Butter
Peanut butter has high nutritional value. It is packed with protein and a few vitamins and minerals – but it is also high in calories and fat. It can be trusted to be a part of a weight gaining breakfast recipe.
Whole bread slices, jam, and peanut butter
- Spread the jam on one side and peanut butter on the other side.
- Place them together and savour the taste.
7. Vegan Protein Shake
This shake is generally consumed pre-workout and can be easily included to your weight gaining breakfast.
Almond powder, cashew powder, vegan protein powder, soy milk
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender.
- Pour it in a jar and nourish yourself with a protein-packed shake.
8. English Platter
This is a must-have platter, which is packed with high nutrition and has a plethora of vitamins and minerals. It is also one of the high calorie breakfast foods to gain weight.
Eggs, baked beans, bacon, button mushrooms, chicken sausages, black pepper, wheat bread, salt
- Toast the bread.
- Add butter to the pan and cook button mushrooms, sausages, and bacon strips in it for 5-6 minutes.
- Separately, in a frying pan, add a little oil and break two eggs in it and cook the eggs for two minutes.
- Transfer everything to the plate.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt into the cooked eggs.
- Add baked beans to the plate.
- Your healthy and nutritious English platter is ready to be eaten.
9. Scrambled Tofu
Tofu is heavily packed with protein and contains essential amino acids. It also contains minerals and vitamins.
Sliced onions, chopped tomatoes, a few green chillies, grated tofu, salt, pepper and butter
- Add butter to a pan.
- Saute it with tomato and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add green chillies, grated tofu, salt and pepper to it.
- Keep on stirring it for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes more on low flame.
- Tasty and healthy tofu is ready to be eaten.
10. Mango Shake
Mango shake is a delicious, high calorie breakfast to gain weight. It can be prepared in a jiffy and you are good to go.
Mangoes, yogurt, dates, honey, blueberries, and hazelnuts
- Merge the mango pieces, hazelnuts, dates, and yoghurt in a blender.
- Add water according to the consistency you prefer.
- Enhance it with hazelnuts and blueberries when it is ready to be served.
The first meal of the day should always be healthy and filled with nourishment. Try these weight gaining breakfast recipes for a wholesome meal and kick start your day with full vigour. An intake of high calorie breakfast to gain weight recharges your body and invigorates your brain to face the challenges of daily life.