Weight loss is one of the biggest issues in the health world. As it doesn’t have only one reason, the approach of achieving the goal varies as per reasons. There is a common notion to lose weight and that is burn the calories that you have for one day. So health experts suggest taking supplements, home exercises for men, or many more. But it becomes tricky when we are in a sedentary lifestyle and don’t have enough time to exercise or feel lazy by sudden change of brain from sedentary jobs to physical activity. Here you will find everything that will help you to lose weight during the sedentary lifestyle.
A sedentary lifestyle is also called inactive lifestyle wherein most of the time in a day goes in a lot of sitting or lying down without sufficient or no amount of physical activity. The sedentary lifestyle cause of many diseases including:
- Risks of certain kinds of cancers.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Cardiovascular risks.
- Decreasing muscle mass in the skeletal.
- Elevated cholesterol levels.
- And Being overweight
Jobs must be done but you can make lifestyle changes so that your health will not suffer. There are some fixes to the sedentary lifestyle everyone should keep in mind.
- Take a walk to the workplace.
- Avoid lift, use staircases and include the exercises which are the best at home workout.
- Stand instead of sitting while using public transport.
- Walk during the lunch breaks and you can take Protein For Man/Women with your lunch so you will feel fuller and can avoid the unhealthy snacking.
- Set the reminder to stretch or walk in every half hours.
- Try to work by standing.
- Consume more water, protein breakfast, and nutrients.
- Get your water, coffee, or tea by yourself by walking to the pantry.
- Receive your calls outside and walk at the same time.
- Join any fitness activity. Usually after such a long time in sedentary jobs, we don’t feel like doing exercises so have Pre workout one hour before your workout timing that will give you enough energy to start.
If you are up to losing weight in a sedentary lifestyle, you need to follow one simple rule that is burn more calories than you are receiving in a day which looks quite impossible in a sedentary lifestyle. Follow some tips to make your metabolism function even if you are in a sedentary lifestyle.
- Limit your calorie intake per day that is called portion control. When you overeat, the fat stores in unwanted body parts like waist, buttock, thighs, and belly. This is very hard to burn if it has already taken place. Try to have a complete protein food instead of carbohydrates and fats.
- Cut down sugar: Sugar has dominated our lifestyle and is a great source of calories which results in unhealthy weight gaining. So choose your bite carefully. Avoid all foods which are high level in sugar like chocolate, cake, sweets, doughnuts, and many more. You can say yes to jaggery, honey, deserts, and other natural sweets. You can use whey protein isolate as it is almost lactose free.
- Say no to processed foods: Processed food is the best friend of sedentary lifestyle and obesity. These are dip fried in the refined or other health hazardous oil. Many chips, snacks, and others are not immune from it. So, use the food which contains olive oil, ghee, whey protein, coconut oil, mustard oil instead of them.
- Micronutrients intake: Micronutrients like vitamins and minerals are very capable of boosting our metabolism that helps us to lose weight in a healthy way. Include himalayan or pink salt in your diet for minerals and fruits for vitamins.
- Fat burning workouts: Try to do strengthening and flexible exercises which are the best fat burning workouts. Include running, swimming, bicycling, weight training, body weight training, dance, acrobatic, and others in your lifestyle.
Yes, it is shown in many studies that a sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of adolescent depression. In the study sedentary lifestyle was found correlated to depression. Increasing sedentary hours per day were increasing depressive symptoms by 11%, 8%, and 10.5% among children aged 12, 14, and 16. Whereas increasing physical activity was soothing these depressive symptoms. The study concluded that increasing the amount of physical activity can ease upon the mood swings, impaired concentration, lacking in pleasure, and many more instead of a sedentary lifestyle.
Though technology has blessed us with so many benefits in education, health, travelling, easy access, ordering from one place, booking a cab just by sitting on the chair, and many more, there are some side effects of the comfort of a sedentary lifestyle. These side effects contain a high amount of death risk so must be addressed at priority. So that our comfort of sedentary lifestyle and health can go hand in hand.