Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits, Uses and Side Effects
Apple Cider Vinegar benefits and uses are well known. But Apple Cider Vinegar side effects can't be overlooked. ACV Benefits for weight loss, lowering cholesterol, skin problems, indigestion etc. are commonly known. Let's get to know ACV better!
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar, or popularly known as ACV, is one of the most sought after health products for its numerous health benefits. But before we jump on to benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, let us understand what is Apple Cider Vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a type of vinegar in which apple must or cider is the key component. It is made from the liquid you can get by crushing apples. After the fermentation process, the resulting vinegar is what we call Apple Cider Vinegar. In it’s organic and unpasteurized form, this vinegar is Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother. You can identify it with a cobweb-like structure floating at the bottom of the bottle.
There are different variants of Apple Cider Vinegar available in the market like - Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother, Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar in Ginger and lemon flavor etc.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
It is probably one of the most beneficial products in the health and beauty segment. When the question arises that what is Apple Cider Vinegar beneficial for, you would be surprised to see and wonder what is it not beneficial for. The numerous benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar make it a very popular option to go for. Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar just seem countless. So to answer the question that what is apple cider vinegar good for, following can be some common benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Top Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It is helpful in weight loss
- Helps reduce cholesterol
- It is good for skin
- Helpful in diabetes and blood sugar control
- Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother has probiotics which can help support immune function
To understand the benefits of apple cider vinegar in a simple manner, let’s first go from top to bottom of the human body and have look at the various uses of apple cider vinegar in improving health, enhancing beauty, and attaining fitness.
Want gorgeous looking soft and healthy hair? Apple Cider Vinegar is your savior. An apple cider vinegar hair rinse can be very useful for getting that lost shine back in your dull hair. Rinse your hair with a mixture of ACV and water after shampooing.
Is your sinus troubling you? Are you irritated because of a stuffy nose from common cold? Then Apple Cider Vinegar can help you. I tsp of honey mixed with 2 tsp of ACV when taken with lukewarm water, helps get rid of a sinus infection and is useful in getting rid of nasal congestion.
Apple cider vinegar can be very useful as a face cleanser when it is applied on the skin (ACV mixed with water) with cotton. It gives your face a great toning effect too. Also consuming apple cider vinegar can act as a wonderful detox tonic to get rid of pimples.
ACV is very beneficial in improving teeth whitening and getting rid of bad breath. Use it in diluted form with lukewarm water as a mouthwash. Gargling with this mixture is also helpful
From providing a soothing effect for a sore throat to helping fight cough, ACV can work magic here. You can take Apple Cider Vinegar with honey or can also use as a gargle mixture when taken with lukewarm water. The acetic acid in ACV is what helps the most here.
Image Source: www.i.ytimg.com
Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing bad cholesterol and controlling blood pressure. This helps to improve the overall health and wellness of your heart.
Liver & Kidneys
The functions of liver and kidney are very important in our body. Thus it is utmost necessary that these two organs function in a smooth manner. And one of the ways to ensure healthy and smooth functioning of liver and kidney is detoxification. Take 1 tsp of unfiltered ACV with Mother and add it to 300 ml of warm water. Drink it twice a day before meals. This is helpful in reducing liver inflammation, liver detoxification, and liver fat reduction.
The detoxification of kidneys not only ensures good overall body functioning but may also help to flush out kidney stones due to the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar.
Is frequent indigestion troubling you a lot? Taking ACV mixed with water or juice can be very helpful. You can add honey to this mixture as well. This will not only help soothing indigestion but also helps prevent it when ACV is taken half hour before a heavy meal.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss can yield effective results. ACV helps to suppress appetite and increasing body metabolism. So, taking a teaspoon of ACV mixed with water before meals and doing regular exercise is a healthy way to lose weight.
Legs & Joints
The balance of our entire body falls on the strength of legs and joints. Frequent cramps and joint pains are something that can pose a hurdle in the day to day body movement. Apple Cider Vinegar is a good source of potassium that can help relieve your legs from painful cramps. Also, ACV is rich in minerals like magnesium and various anti-oxidants which are very useful in making your joints pain-free and flexible.
Hands & Feet
Odor from feet is a problem that no one ever wants to encounter. But why worry when you have Apple Cider Vinegar. Make a solution of ACV (1/2 cup) and hot water in a small tub or basin. Soak your hands and feet in this solution for few minutes. Now when you clean them off, you would notice that ACV helps getting rid of odor and dead skin cells. It also offers a feeling of relaxation and stress relief.
Image Source: www.crunchybetty.com
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar?
When we think of vinegar, the common thing that comes to our mind is something acidic and flavorful used in various food products to enhance taste. But, for Apple Cider Vinegar, this is just the outer shell of what are the apple cider vinegar uses. ACV is the powerhouse of health with a great nutritional value. It contains - Vitamins A, C & E, potassium, calcium, magnesium, acetic acid, anti-oxidants, enzymes, and amino acids.
There are numerous Apple cider vinegar uses that can be really helpful in preparing delicious & healthy food options and beauty mixtures.
Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar in salad dressing
- Add ACV to your healthy smoothie
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger for digestion
- Add ACV to a cup of water and gargle to get rid of bad breath
- Use ACV as a face cleanser by mixing a small part with water and applying it using cotton.
- Mix ACV with lukewarm water and put your feet in it for 15 minutes. It is useful in getting rid of odor-causing bacteria.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar - Medical Caution and Precautions
Even though Apple Cider Vinegar benefits are numerous, there can be certain side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar too.
- In Case of Over Dosage - Excess of everything is bad and so is true for apple cider vinegar. Consuming ACV in required amounts with the consultation of a health expert is likely safer than consuming it in excess. So, you may face side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar if you consume it more than required.
- During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding - Not much is known about the safety of consuming ACV if you are pregnant or if you are breastfeeding. So, it is utmost important to consult your doctor before you consume ACV in any amount. And in case still unsure, better don’t consume to be on a safer side, than experiencing any harmful side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- During Medical Treatment - Whenever you are suffering from an ailment or illness and are taking prescribed medications for the same, it is best to consult your doctor in case of any doubt. Though ACV is natural but it is acidic in nature. So to avoid experiencing any side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar, use it under the supervision of a health expert when taking any medication for any disease.