|Is Potato Good For Weight Loss|
|Potato Diet Weight Loss Plan|
|Boiled Potato Recipes For Weight Loss|
Are you on your weight loss journey? Are you worried about including potatoes in your diet? Well, contrary to common belief, boiled potato for weight loss can actually work wonders.
It is the way you prepare your potato dish that determines how potatoes will affect your body. French fries or processed chips obviously increase your weight and bring down your health.
However, according to a study, the process of boiling potatoes produces a high quantity of resistant starch, which is excellent for regulating metabolism, fighting extra fat, and promoting a number of other health benefits.
Is Potato Good For Weight Loss?
A lot of people who are on the journey of shedding some kilos, often wonder if potatoes are good for weight loss. Well, it all depends on how you make them, and in what quantity you have them.
Boiled potatoes for weight loss are incredible. You can have it baked, mashed or steamed potatoes whenever you want to eat this carbohydrate-rich protein source.
Potato Diet Weight Loss Plan
Did you know that the potato diet weight loss plan is fast gaining popularity. Read on to find out more about this plan and also how to eat potatoes for weight loss.
- This short-term diet plan requires you to eat nothing but potatoes for 3-5 days. It is intended to hasten the weight loss process while also enhancing the health of the dieter.
- During the diet period, eat 1-2 kilos of potatoes every day, depending on your hunger, and don’t eat anything else. For optimal results, use sea salt instead of regular salt. You can drink black tea and herbal teas without milk or sugar as a beverage.
- Having large quantities of potatoes will keep you fuller for longer, allowing you to manage your hunger better and, as a result, lose weight.
This is a diet that is followed by many people out there. A lot of people who love potatoes and often question is potato good for weight loss love diets like these.
Boiled Potato Recipes For Weight Loss
A lot of people like to consume boiled potato for weight loss. Here are a few boiled potato recipes for weight loss that you might want to give a quick look at:
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Gold potatoes medium:3-4
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt
- Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bits; dip the potatoes into the water as you go.
- Bring water to a boil; add potatoes to low heat and cook for 15 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes after removing 1/2 cup of the water with a coffee cup and reserving it.
- Fill a big sauce pot 2/3 full with water and add the garlic salt.
- Mash the drained potatoes with the almond milk, cheese, yoghurt, and 1/4 cup of the potato water, adding more potato water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. 2 tablespoons butter, melted over the potatoes if desired.
- When you make healthy mashed potatoes use skimmed milk or a low-fat spread instead of butter to mash your potatoes. The fluffy texture of your potatoes will still be there but without the added calories.
- Boiled Potatoes
- Three medium-sized potatoes cut in halves.
- Enough water to cover the potatoes (almost-6cups)
- Peel and cut the potatoes in half. Larger potatoes may need to be cut into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Fill a pot with water and dip the potatoes in it.
- Boil the potatoes for 30 to 45 minutes, or until they are tender when you check with a fork.
- Serve the boiled potatoes with a sauce of your choice or a dip you like.
- Roasted potato
- Potatoes: 500-700g for potatoes.
- ½ tbsp salt
- Pre-heat your oven for 200°C or 400°F.
- A baking pan or shallow roasting tin should be lightly greased.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces after peeling them.
- Fill a pan halfway with water and put the potatoes in it. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- To fluff the potatoes on the exterior, drain the water from the pan and shake it vigorously for a minute.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, season with salt, and bake for an hour in the center of the oven.
These were some great boiled potato recipes for weight loss. However, you might even be concerned about boiled potato calories for weight loss. Well, for your knowledge, a medium-sized serving of boiled potato has only 140 calories. This can be a great snack and could be your go-to way of shedding weight.
Whether or not you would be adding boiled potato to your diet so as to lose weight is entirely your call. There is no harm in experimenting with it, and if it works, you can definitely continue with it. However, your answer of whether is potato good for weight loss has been answered. Nonetheless, it would be better to consult your dietitian so that they could guide you about the same.