Are you a vegetarian/vegan and wish to build muscles like Kenneth G Williams or Amanda Riester? Then along with your regular exercise regime, you need to follow a vegetarian bodybuilding plan. A vegetarian diet or bodybuilding vegan meal plan will help you to maintain and build muscles without consuming meat/egg/fish. It is an entirely meat-free diet, which focuses on increasing your protein intake by including plant-based protein and dairy products. If you are a vegan, then you can avoid dairy products and go for other plant-based alternatives.
Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet
- Vegan or veg bodybuilders are less prone to heart ailments
- A vegetarian diet can help in healthy management of weight
- Vegetarian bodybuilding plan can help in increasing your stamina and thereby improving your performance
- It can help in increasing your protein intake and thus help in building muscles
- Vegetarian bodybuilding plan is known to enhance your immune system
Bodybuilding vegetarian diet is good for your digestive system
What foods do bodybuilders eat?
You can follow an Indian vegetarian diet for bodybuilding and include the following foods to your daily diet:
- Protein supplements
- Healthy oils
- Vegan dark chocolates
What Foods do Bodybuilders Need to Avoid?
If you are following a bodybuilding vegetarian diet plan, then you need to avoid:
- Junk foods
- Refined food items
- Aerated drinks
- Vegan junk foods (ice cream, candies,etc.)
How do Vegetarians Get Shredded?
One can get the ripped and well-toned muscular body by following a vegetarian bodybuilding diet plan and doing regular exercise. Along with that, one needs to take care of the calorie intake, water intake and salt intake.
What Should a Vegetarian Eat to Build Muscle?
If you are following a vegetarian bodybuilding meal plan, then you should eat more protein (plant-based), healthy carbs and other essential nutrients.
How do you Build Muscle on a Vegan Diet?
Vegan fitness enthusiasts that are looking to lean muscle gain should follow a proper vegan diet plan that will help them to build muscles. One must eat adequate quantity and best quality protein at every meal. To build muscles without consuming meat, one needs to eat five or six small meals per day. The vegetarian bodybuilding meals should include not only protein but also a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and vegetable oils. One should also have plenty of water every day.
What are the Risks of a Vegan/Vegetarian Bodybuilding Diet, and Who Should Avoid it
Vegans and vegetarians should take extra care of their nutrient needs; otherwise, this might lead to numerous health problems.
- One among them is vitamin B12 deficiency, which may later on, cause neurological disorders.
- A high-protein vegan diet should not be followed by people having high uric acid levels.
- Vegans and vegetarians are also prone to strokes; therefore, one needs to take utmost care of their vitamin and mineral needs.
- Cow milk and other dairy products are the primary sources of calcium, and a vegan diet forbids the consumption of all these food items. If your body lacks calcium, then you should avoid a vegan diet; otherwise, you might face problems like weakening of bones and teeth.
Be it weight gain or weight loss; you can get a lot of meal plans that will help you to achieve your fitness goals in no time. Some of the meal plans are paleo diet, vegan diet, keto diet, gluten-free diet and vegetarian weight loss meal plans. You can follow any of these diet plans to lose weight or gain weight but never forget to skip your exercise routine. Keep yourself hydrated and if you are consuming medicines, then make sure you seek the advice of a medical practitioner before following any particular diet plan.
Book an appointment with HealthKart Consult and achieve your health goals with us. Get in touch with us now for more detailed information.