Do you want to know the benefits of consuming a high-fiber diet meal plan? Then you should read this article. Foods that are rich in dietary fibers offer various health benefits.
Dietary fibers are of three types:
- Insoluble fiber
- Soluble fiber
- Prebiotic Soluble Fiber
Benefits of High Fiber Foods:
Here are a few benefits of following a high fiber diet plan:
- A low carb high fiber meal plan promotes proper bowel movement. It is known to help in regulating stool. This type of diet plan is great for patients suffering from constipation.
- Following a high fiber diet meal plan is known to reduce cholesterol levels. Food items like oats, flax seeds and legumes are known to reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease.
- A low-fat high fiber diet plan that consists of soluble fibers like legumes, oats, etc. can help in slowing the absorption of blood sugar and hence helps to regulate the sugar levels in your blood. Following an Indian high fiber diet plan regularly can help in reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- A fiber-rich vegan diet plan is known to improve kidney functions
- Following a veg weight loss meal plan on a regular basis will help in reducing the extra pounds from your body
- Eating a lot of fibers can also help in PCOS management
- Following a fiber rich diet plan is also known to enhance your immune system
- High fiber diet consists of food items such as pulses, oats, quinoa, etc. Including these food items in your high protein high fiber meal plan will support lean muscle gain.
What Foods are High in Fiber?
Some of the best food items that you can include in your fiber rich diet plan are as follows:
- Whole grains
- Dry fruits
How Much Fiber is Needed by Our Body?
Following a high fiber meal plan is important as it offers a lot of health benefits. To meet your daily fiber needs, you must consume the right type and amount of dietary fibers.
Women : 25 grams of fiber per day
Men: 38 grams of fiber per day
Why Should We Not Eat a Fiber Free Diet?
A fiber-free diet is not recommended to anyone as it will disturb your bowel movement and digestive system.
How Can I Get 25g of Fiber a Day?
You can follow a low carb high fiber meal plan and consume 25grams of fiber per day. You can eat whole grains, oats, dry fruits, fruits and vegetables to meet your daily fiber intake.
Is Oatmeal High in Fiber?
Yes! Oatmeals are foods rich in fibers and should be included in a high protein high fiber meal plan.
What Snacks are High in Fiber?
Popcorn and dry fruits are the best snacks that should be included in your fiber rich diet plan. Download the HeathKart mobile app now and book an appointment with the HealthKart Consult team. Take advice according to your health goals and diet goals. Be it weight loss or weight gain diet plan; you can get advice on any type of diet plans. You can get information on various diet plans such as paleo diet, gluten-free diet, Atkins diet, intermittent diet, Keto diet, etc. What are you waiting for? Start your fitness journey now!