Coping with stress is not possible without understanding the gravity of the situation. There are a number of stress management tips you can influence with but you have to understand what it stress and it’s signs. Generally, people can’t recognise the stress on the initial stage. As it grows up only then they seek help or some of them don’t due to social stigma. One thing is so important to understand and that is there is no matter to shy away while experiencing stress. You take medicine or see a doctor when you have a headache, fever, or others then why don’t you see the doctor if you are facing stress. This article will help you in your stress management techniques but first know what stress.
What is Stress?
Humans have evolved with stress which helped primitive humans to stay alert in danger and necessary for survival. Even today it helps you to stay motivated and let you focus on your work. But when it crosses the limit, it can lead to several serious illnesses. Stress is a daily part of life that can take place due to various reasons like work pressure, death of loved ones, job loss, illness, and various others. So, dealing with stress is quite important in these scenarios. Before digging into stress management strategies let’s find out what are the symptoms of it.
Symptoms of Stress:
You can experience stress due to various reasons but nowadays many people report it in the workplace. Managing stress at work helps you to improve your health and efficiency. Here are some ways to identify the symptoms of stress.
- Constant worry
- Unable to relax
- Frequent changes in your mood
- low self-esteem
- Losing concentration
- Changes in healthy eating pattern
- short temper
- Sleeping disorder
- Muscle strain and continuous pain
- Diarrhoea, constipation, and other digestion issues
- loss of sex drive.
- Losing interest
Stress management strategies:
To manage stress there are few types of stress management methods that are really effective.
- Choose Food Carefully: A diet and your stress level are related closely. So, be mindful while taking a bite. Avoid sugary, processed, foods and pick some stress relief foods like eggs, pumpkin seeds, turmeric, yogurt, dark chocolate, chamomile, brazil nuts, fatty fish, and various others.
- Meet With People: Spend your time with the people who actually listen to you more than talk. When you meet someone like that, talk your mind to him, your mind releases a hormone that relaxes you by stopping your fight or flight response. You can talk to yourself if you don’t find someone like that person. It may seem crazy but it will really work for you. Talk every fear, defeat, of yours but especially say it loud that everything is going to be okay.
- Meditation: It has been in practice for more than 5,000 years as it helped people in lowering anxiety, chronic pain, stress, and various others. There are various other meditation benefits in improving mental ability, concentration, alertness, energy level, sleep quality, mood, and many others. You just need to sit down in a quiet place, get calm and comfortable, focus on your breath or chanting, and let your thoughts go and come without trying to control them.
- Deep breathing: Get the meditation posture and start belly breathing that helps your body’s natural ability to relax. It increases oxygen flow in your body, brain, nervous system, and handles your ability to relax.
- Exercises: Training is effective not only for your physical health but also your mental health. As it is one of the best ways to carry oxygen to the body, it is very helpful in relieving the stress successfully. So, include high intensity exercise, running, swimming, yoga, and other types of exercise to stay healthy mentally and physically both.
- Include Fruits: Use fruits especially citrus fruits like grapes, orange, indian gooseberry, and others that are the best foods that reduce stress as these are excellent sources of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant.
Why do we forget self-love while chasing materialistic things? This wild goose chase results in stress. These are some of the stress management tips that help to elevate your life by effectively dealing with stress. Start to love yourself once again.