This 1200 Calorie Indian Diet Plan for weight loss is a simple meal plan that you can easily follow to shed those extra kilos and stay fit. Let's have a quick look!
Losing weight is always been a nightmare for most of us. But there are simple and effective ways to shed down those extra pounds. Maintaining calories is very important. Here is an effective diet plan which will help you in losing weight without that extra effort.
Diet and Weight Loss
The relationship between diet and weight loss has long been studied by experts and numerous researches have been conducted. It is true that diet does help in weight loss or rather say weight management. However, you have to first understand
- What kind of diet suits your body type?
- What is your current BMI and BMR?
- What is your ultimate weight loss goal and fitness target?
An effective way to get answers to these questions and progress to achieve your weight loss goals is to consult a certified dietitian or nutritionist.
Must Read – BMI and BMR: What Is The Difference
Here’s a 1200 calorie Indian fat loss diet that is designed by a qualified and certified nutritionist. This diet plan is designed keeping in mind a healthy weight loss target of 5 – 7 kilos per month. However, that being said, it is recommended you consult your dietitian for a personalized Indian Diet Plan as per your body type BMI and weight loss goals etc.
The 1200 Calorie Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss
|Meal Type||Meal Time||Indian Diet Plan||Kcal.||Carbohydrates||Proteins|
|Early Morning||6-6:30 am||Lime Juice in Luke Warm Water (1 glass)||5||1||2|
|Breakfast||8-9 am||Oats Porridge (1 bowl) with 5 almonds||285||35||13|
|Lunch||1-2 pm||Chapati (2 pc) & Whole Moong Dal (1 cup), Green Leafy Vegetables, Curd (1 bowl with Green salad)||430||58||15|
|Evening||5:30-6:30 pm||Channa Dal Tikki (1 pc) with Green Chutney & Ginger Tea without Sugar||120||15||12|
|Dinner||7:30-8:30 pm||Lentil Soup (1 bowl), Gourd Vegetable (1bowl) with 2 Chapatis, Green Salad||330||44||12|
Important Things To Remember
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar promotes weight loss by suppressing the appetite and increasing BMR. It also helps in detoxification of the body.
- BMR- Basal Metabolic Rate- It is the calorie which we burn at resting phase. Knowing your BMR will help you to understand the calorie count you need per day. Our 60-70% of calories are used here.
- Physical Activity- To be fit and to maintain muscle mass, raises the BMR.
- Diet- Taking diet less than the required one will help you to lose weight quickly. It plays an important role here. You need to eat right and within the required calories, going in little calorie deficit approx 500 kcal will help you lose weight more easily.
There are foods which help in weight loss, some of them are-
- Oats- An excellent food for weight loss, provides you soluble and insoluble fiber which helps in reducing triglycerides and cholesterol. Also, it provides bulk to the diet and increases satiety level.
- It has soluble fiber Inulin which helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Greens- They are low-calorie food, which provides bulk to the diet. To lose weight it’s important to add greens to your diet.
- Spices- There are certain spices which help in burning food like black pepper, cinnamon, Ginger powder but consume them in moderation as they are thermogenic food and comes in the category of fat burning foods.
- Proteins– Protein not only maintain the muscle mass but also act as a thermogenic food hence help in reducing the weight.
- Nuts- These magnesium rich fatty nuts are extremely beneficial in weight loss regime to keep your mood elevated and reduces carb craving.
Apart from this you should –
- Eat high fiber food like whole grains like jowar, bajra, ragi and other mullets. whole pulses, bran, fruits with peel, greens. beans, mushroom.
- Include lean protein in your diet like egg white, grilled fish and lean chicken.
- Include good sources of fatty acids like almonds, walnuts, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds.
- Control portion size, have small and frequent meals