Maintaining a proper exercise regimen and a workout plan is one of the most helpful things you can do for your body. Having a weekly workout plan is vital for your physical and mental health. It helps meet your fitness goals, maintain healthy body weight, and reduces the risk of developing potentially chronic illnesses such as heart disease.
While training fitness and physical activity are helpful for everyone, it tends to have a few extra benefits for women in particular. From the initial stages of starting with the menstrual cycle to the later stages of menopause, women experience constant hormonal shifts between estrogen and progesterone, which have a major impact on important body functions such as fertility levels and brain chemistry.
When estrogen levels drop, women are prone to experience lower levels of serotonin as well, which can make them prone to developing conditions such as depression, anxiety, or panic attacks. Having a full-body workout plan helps the body to exercise and regulate the hormones through it, including the production of endorphins — the feel-good hormones.
Studies have reported that Indian women are at a higher risk of developing cardio-metabolic diseases, as well as bone-related injuries and conditions such as osteoporosis. This is primarily because women have a significantly lower bone density, which is bound to become more fragile over the years due to the gradual loss of estrogen levels.
Let us understand how a 30-minute workout every day can be helpful for maintaining your overall health.
Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
Here are a few benefits of performing just the 30-minute workout every day:
- Reduces Stress Levels: Most people lead lifestyles that require multitasking. It leads to a lot of stress. Research indicates that just a 30-minute workout can help regulate the release of norepinephrine, a hormone that controls the brain’s reaction to stressful conditions. So if you had a long day and are looking to blow some steam off, going for a strength workout or a set of weight loss exercises, or simply a run for half an hour will definitely improve your mood.
- Increases Productivity: Studies have shown that women experience feelings of lethargy, especially while on their menstrual cycle. This can have a negative effect, particularly among working women. Maintaining workout schedule can help regulate your brain’s oxygen levels and deal with lethargy, causing an instant increase in productivity. The next time you feel overwhelmed by a productive block, just step away from your desk and go for a little walk.
- Improves Sleep Patterns: Several clinical trials have observed that women constantly face trouble sleeping, which often leads to severe complications such as type 2 diabetes or hypertension. Women who have incorporated a 30-minute daily workout plan into their routines experience significant improvement in their sleep patterns.
- Boosts Memory Power: Research concluded that women who exercised daily had a significantly larger prefrontal cortex and medial temporal cortex volume, which are responsible for critical thinking and memory power. Regular exercise was also shown to have benefits such as increasing oxygen flow to the brain, reducing insulin resistance, and controlling inflammation, which was shown to cause a decreased risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s or Huntington’s.
Other common benefits of performing physical activity every day include regulation of mood swings, alleviation of menopausal symptoms, maintaining a healthy flow during menstrual cycles, and maintaining healthy body fat.
Sample 30 Minute Workout
Here is a 30-minute workout that you can squeeze into your day without needing any fancy gym equipment:
- Begin with ten minutes of cardio (such as walking or jogging)
- Perform 15 reps of reverse lunges with each leg. Alternate your legs after each rep to burn more calories. Take a 30-second break.
- Next, perform ten reps of push-ups followed by a thirty-second break.
- 15 reps of mountain climbers for each leg. Make sure to maintain accuracy over speed while working on this. Follow up with a thirty-second rest.
- Perform 20 reps of side-lying leg lifts on each side.
- Immediately move on to 25 reps of crunches followed by a one-minute shoulder plank. Take a minute to cool off.
- Finish your workout plan with 30 tricep dips. You can do this off the edge of your couch or a chair.
Making minor lifestyle changes like food choices, hobbies, or sports like swimming can also play a huge role in maintaining your health. It is important to remember that it’s never too late for you to start exercising and maintaining a weight loss workout plan for yourself. Being regularly active now can be very useful to you as you approach the later stages of your life.