|Giloy Tulsi Juice|
|Beetroot Immunity Booster|
|Veggie Fruit Smoothie|
|Turmeric Carrot Smoothie|
|Citrus Twist Shots|
A lot of people often fail to consume the necessary amount of nutrients for the day owing to their busy lives. This leads to a weakened immune system in most cases. With the coronavirus becoming spreading around more widely, this puts us at an increased risk of developing diseases due to the entry of pathogens. A good way to combat this would be to consume immunity-boosting juices.
Immunity boosting juices are essentially concoctions of nutrient-rich natural foods such as fruits and vegetables that are designed to enhance the functioning of your immune system.
These immunity boosting juices also boost the properties of white blood cells, improve blood flow, and reduce the oxidative stress exerted on the body, making it difficult for pathogens to enter your body.
Let us take a look at these five immunity boosting juices recipes that you can follow.
1 Giloy Tulsi Juice
This recipe combines the antiinflammatory properties of Giloy juice with the antimicrobial properties of tulsi, making it one of the best immunity boosting juices,
- 200ml water
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoon organic honey
- 3-4 green or black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon tulsi powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon dried Giloy powder
- Heat water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add in your turmeric, tulsi, and black pepper powder.
- Let the immunity juice mixture simmer for about two minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for another two minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let your Giloy tulsi neem juice cool down
- Strain in a glass and serve your immunity juice chilled.
Giloy juice enhances the function of our kidneys and eliminates the toxins present in our body, primarily due to the consumption of food. It also increases oxygen saturation within the blood, improving the transport of nutrients throughout the body.
Additionally, this immunity juice prevents and fights off the entry of bacteria within the body, which can also decrease the risk of developing problems such as liver complications and urinary tract infections.
2 Beetroot Immunity Booster
This recipe puts a twist on the classic apple-beetroot-carrot juice by adding a little medicinal value, making it a quick and easy immunity booster juice to consume.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 to 2 cm cubed of ginger
- 1 small beetroot
- 8 celery stalks
- 4 large kale leaves
- Half a cucumber
- Small clove of garlic
- A small handful of coriander
- Prepare your vegetables for the immunity booster juice by chopping them up thoroughly.
- Feed all the chopped pieces into a juicer part by part until the juice is extracted
- Compost the pulp
- You can consume this juice for a period of up to 24 hours when refrigerated.
The primary component of this immunity booster juice is beetroot. This vegetable is rich in essential minerals such as manganese and potassium, which are good for aiding digestion and muscle function.
Beetroots are also rich in betacyanin which helps in fighting off carcinogenic agents and stimulating the detox process of the liver, making them an excellent component of several immunity boosting juices.
3 Veggie Fruit Smoothie
This recipe combines the goodness of both vegetables and fruits to give you the maximum health benefits, making it one of the best immunity-boosting juices.
- 3/4 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup cooked sweet potato
- 3/4 cup mango, frozen
- 1-2 cups dairy-free milk
- Segregate and peel all your ingredients for the immunity booster juice recipe and set them aside.
- Add them into a juicer in parts until you get a fine mixture.
- Compost the leftover pulp from the immunity booster juice recipe.
The strawberries present in this immunity booster juice recipe are a rich source of vitamin c, which is useful for improving the immune system. The antioxidant properties of the carrot help with increasing blood flow.
The banana, which will serve as the base of your veggie fruit smoothie is an excellent way to add some potassium to your diet, while also fulfilling your sugar needs.
4 Turmeric Carrot Smoothie
This juice for immune system is a fun take on the traditional carrot juice, making it an ideal beverage to be consumed throughout the day.
- 3 tbsp ginger fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp turmeric fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 carrots
- Separately juice your oranges and lemon using a hand juicer and set them aside in a jar. To this add in your carrots and juice them as well.
- Add your water and honey to the mixture to give it an element of sweetness.
- Slice a few inches of ginger and add them to the juice to steep for at least eight hours. Serve chilled.
One of the active ingredients in turmeric is curcumin. This is very useful for boosting the actions of the white blood cells and preventing the entry of pathogens into the body. The ginger not only brings an element of spiciness to the recipe but also helps regulate body temperature and blood flow. Additionally, these ingredients are also useful for reducing triglycerides and reducing the overall oxidative stress exerted on the body, making this recipe the best juice for immunity system.
5 Citrus Twist Shots
This recipe offers a rich blend of citrus fruits with a ginger-pepper twist, making it one of the best immunity juices.
- 4 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh turmeric, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- black pepper
- 4 large oranges
- 1 large pineapple
Put all your ingredients through the juice one by one. Compost the heap and top off your juice with some freshly cracked pepper and salt. You can store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
Lemons are one of the best ingredients that can be used in immunity juices. They are a rich source of antioxidants and essential nutrients such as vitamin c which are beneficial for improving the growth of healthy gut bacteria, promoting a healthy immune system, and boosting blood flow.
While these immunity juices can certainly improve the functioning of your white blood cells, they are not viable meal replacements and should not be used as such, Make sure to get a majority of your nutritional intake from natural whole foods to stay safe and healthy.