Whether you are a beginner in the gym or working out at home or starting your exercise again, you need proper guidance to stay for longer periods of time and always think to level up your fitness level. To see significant results you must ensure that your exercises are hitting each muscle group in a week not a day. If you hit every muscle everyday, you can’t improve your strength and fill the nutiental gap so fast as muscles need relaxation to become stronger and bigger. Keeping it in mind, here you will get a work out plan crafted with an alliance of fitness experts.
Before Gym workout plan
There are some things that everyone should keep in mind before curating a gym workout plan.
- Understand the importance of Warm up
- Can’t ignore nourishment
- Stay hydrated
- Sleep Soundly and take proper rest
- Don’t Do ego lifting
- Don’t compare yourself to others
Week 1: Upper Body Workout Routine
Include only those exercises which target your upper body like chest, back, and biceps.
- Chin ups: Hold your bar with strong grip inward. Pull yourself up by bracing your core till your chin is higher than the rod. Get back to your previous position. Make 5 sets and12 reps.
- Bench press: It is used as a chest gym workout that mainly targets your upper chest and triceps. Lie down on the bench with a holding rod. Hands should be wider than shoulder-width apart. Lower the weight toward the chest and then raise it up. Make 5 sets with 12 reps.
- 3 B Triceps extension: Stand tall. With both hands hold a dumbbell over the head, straight your arms. Keep your chest up, lower the dumbbell behind your neck, and raise it up. Make 3 sets with 12 reps.
- 3 C Lateral Raise: Stand tall with holding dumbbells in both hands. Chest up and bend the elbow with raising the dumbbells till it reaches shoulder height. Put it down slowly as it goes up. Do 2 sets and 12 reps.
Week 2 : Total Body 1
This workout weekly plan consists of full body exercises.
- Squats: It is not only for men’s thigh workout but also for total body. keep with rod across the back on your shoulders with the help of stand. Chest up and squat as deep down as you can make. Return to starting position. Make 5 sets and 12 reps.
- Triceps Dips: For it you need grip rings. But with parallel bars you can do it. Keep your chest up, bend elbows, go lower and rise up with the strength of shoulders, biceps and triceps. Make 3 sets with 12 reps. You can use it in your triceps gym workout as well as biceps gym workout.
- Bent- over row: It targets your core, lower back, legs, and various other parts. It is accepted as a complete body exercise but generally people use it as a back gym workout. You have to hold the barbell with a strong hand grip with hands just out of your legs. Lean forward with keeping your lower back straight. Pull the bar with elbows and repeat. Make 5 sets with 12 reps.
- Good morning: With the name you must be thinking of it as one of the morning workouts. But actually, it is an exercise in which you have to stand tall with a barbell across the back on shoulders. Now take a support with your core and lean forward slowly. Make 3 sets and 12 reps.
Week 3: Upper Body 2
Include these upper body exercises in week 3.
- Inclined bench press: This is the same as the bench press. Only difference is here you will use an incline bench instead of a flat. Also this exercise is good for the lower chest.
- 3 c Reverse Flye: Bend forward keep your lower back straight. Hold dumbbells in both of your hands and raise them with the help of your elbows.
- 3 B standing biceps curl: It is an effective biceps gym workout. You just have to stand tall with dumbells in both hands. Keep elbows tucked in, don’t leave them loosely, and curl the weights.
- Abs: To get the lean body, AB workouts at the gym are quite effective. You can pick any of them and all will hit the upper and lower abs, and love handles in the upper body.
Here are some other variations of the total body workout routine.
- Front squat: Just like the previous one it is also one of the most effective leg workouts at the gym. But here you have to hold the rod on your shoulders front side.
- Rack pull: Stand tall. Bend your knees, hips and grasp the bar with a stronger grip. Raise it up, chest up, keep weights down and squeeze your shoulder blades.
- Overhead press: Hold the bar with wider hands shoulder width and press the bar over your head, keep chest up, and core braced.
These all are the advanced level exercises that you can only perform if you have already passed the beginner level. These all exercises take strength, posture, and experience. If you still want to do them, start with light weights and try to achieve the right posture first before increasing weights.