Balanced diet ensures all the nutrients you require to live a healthy lifestyle. Today we are exposed to pollution, infections, UV rays, dust, and several diseases caused by a weak immune system. Aging is another factor in which we have no control. It weakens our immune system and causes many health issues. Only the diet nutrients can help us to maintain immunity health and overall growth and development by ensuring required nutrients. A balanced diet food is a good source of a wide range of nutrients including protein, calories, fats, minerals, essential vitamins, and amino acids that you need to have a healthy and active mind and body. The article informs you how to prepare for healthy aging with nutrition.
Importance of balanced diet:
We generally take nutrition for fitness but it plays an important role in general health and wellness. Usually, a balanced diet is useful for providing nutrients to function the body properly. Here are some reasons why you should take nutrition for health.
- Healthy liver
- Better kidney function
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Good eyesight
- Healthy bones
- Healthy skin
- Beautiful hair
- Enhanced energy level
- Better immune system
- Reduced old age symptoms
- Improved Growth and development
- Boost up memory
- Increased alertness and concentration
- Boost up strength
Nutrition and aging:
As people grow old they need nutrients to maintain their overall health. Usually, as we grow old we reduce vision, memory, mobility, skin and hair health, and physical strength. There are many other issues as we grow old due to lacking nutrients. So, maintain the age nutrition level to live a pain free, healthy and happy life even in old age.
- Protein: Protein helps to build cells, tissues, and muscles. Also takes care of energy levels in the body. People lose protein from their skin and body as they grow old. Skin loses its elasticity. So, old people need extra protein. Incorporate eggs, milk, peas, pulses, and other protein rich foods for old people to get them protein that takes care of their muscle development and faster muscle recovery.
- Omega 3 fatty acid: Old people lose their interest from physical activities which is quite important for them. Omega 3 develops their mood to take part in physical activity.
- Calcium: It is a very important nutrition in aging. A proper calcium level in the body helps to keep your bones healthy that is good for mobility. You will be relieved from the joint pain so start taking it from your thirties.If you want to have healthy aging with nutrition, include foods like milk, dairy products, fish, and other sources of calcium.
- Vitamin A, D, C, And E: These are the nutrients for glowing skin that also keeps the side effect of old age away from your skin. The rich source of vitamin A, D, C, and E are eggs, fish, meat, soy, milk and dairy products, fruits, citrus fruits, vegetables, and many others. Never miss these healthy aging nutrition from your diet.
Nutrition and ageing goes hand in hand to live a healthy lifestyle. Old people have a specific requirement of nutrients that you can cover with a balanced diet or supplement. It is better to rely on a balanced diet but for it you have to be prepared from your age thirty. With self discipline and better nourishment, you will be ready for healthy ageing.