What is a Vegan Diet?
A vegan diet forbids the consumption of animal products and encourages the consumption of plant-based food items.
There are numerous types of vegan diets. Some of the most common diets include:
- Whole-food vegan diet: This is a vegan diet plan which encourages consumption of whole plant foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Raw-food vegan diet: This type of diet encourages the consumption of vegan food items like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds or plant foods cooked at temperatures below 48°C. This vegan meal plan limits the consumption of fat-rich food items and is also known as the low-fat diet, raw-food vegan diet or fruitarian diet.
- The starch solution: It is a low-fat, high-carb vegan diet that focuses on the consumption of cooked starches like potatoes, rice, corn, etc., instead of fruits.
What are the Food Items that One Should Consume On a Vegan Diet?
Food items that one needs to consume on a vegan diet includes:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Vegetable oils
What are the Foods that One Should Avoid?
Food items that you should avoid are:
- Dairy products
Here are a Few Benefits of Following a Vegan Diet Plan:
- Vegan meals are known to effectively reduce your calorie intake and therefore helps in weight management
- Vegan protein-rich food items like legumes, vegan supplements, tofu, etc. can help in lean muscle development
- A vegan diet can lower the risks of type 2 diabetes
- This type of diet plan is suitable for maintaining a healthy heart
Vegans should take extra care of their nutrient needs; otherwise, this might lead to various health problems.
- One among them is vitamin B12 deficiency, which might later on, cause neurological disorders.
- Vegans are also prone to strokes, therefore one needs to take utmost care of their vitamin and mineral needs.
- If your body lacks in calcium, then you should avoid vegan diet, as it forbids the consumption of milk and other dairy products, which are the primary source of calcium
Do you Lose Weight on a Vegan Diet?
Yes! If you follow a vegan weight loss meal plan diligently, you will surely be able to lose weight. This type of diet restricts your calorie intake and hence helps in weight management.
How do Vegans Lose Weight Fast?
A vegan weight loss diet plan encourages the consumption of fibrous and low-calorie food items, which helps in keeping you fuller for a long time and thus leads to rapid weight loss.
Can you Lose Belly Fat On a Vegan Diet?
Yes! A vegan diet plan can help in reducing your belly fat as this type of diet includes highly fibrous food items.
How much Weight Can You Lose in a Week On a Vegan Diet?
If you follow a vegan diet plan diligently and do proper exercise, then you can lose upto 1 to 2 pounds of weight per week.
How Long Does it Take to Lose Weight On a Vegan Diet?
A vegan weight loss diet plan can take upto 18 weeks to show accurate results.
Some of the other types of diet plans for weight loss include:
- Paleo Diet
- Atkins Diet
- Dukan Diet
- Low Carb Diet
- Intermittent Diet
- Gluten-Free Diet
- High Fiber Diet
- Keto Diet
From vegan diet, Atkins diet to protein-rich diet and more, one can get all assistance on all kinds of diet plans required to shed those extra kilos or for lean muscle gain. You can get a curated weight loss diet plan for women and men separately. Apart from weight loss plans, we also offer effective weight gain diet plans for men and women. If you are a non vegetarian, then our nutritionist can also curate a highly effective Non-Veg weight loss meal plan for you.
Get in touch with HealthKart consult to know more about the diet plans that are best for you.