The nine-day long Navratri festival is one of the most awaited occasions in India. Devotees worship nine avatars of Maa Durga throughout the festival. Many people observe nine days of fasting in Navratri out of devotion but interestingly, there are many health benefits of fasting as well. In this article, you will know some of the benefits of fasting and what to eat in Navratri fast to lose weight.
Health Benefits of Fasting:
Fasting during Navratri comes with various health benefits if we take devotion aside. Here are some benefits of fasting that can blow your mind.
- Weight loss: Fasting can help in losing weight but there are some rules to follow. Don’t overeat when you end the fast. Navratri fasting is different and you can get all the essential benefits of fasting to lose weight. Certain types of food should be consumed in limited amounts. The foods are nutritious and easy to digest.
- Detox: We are habitual to eat anything which lures us. Processed food items and junk food are toxic for our health. They have long-term ill effects in the body. Fasting is a good opportunity to detox.
- Cell repair: Most of us think that fasting can make us weak but it is not completely right. Right nourishment and a healthy fasting diet plan can help you build muscles. Below, you will get the muscle building diet for Navratri that consists of the right amount of protein, carbohydrates, and other nutrients. Also, it is very effective for repairing cells in muscles.
- Insulin resistance reduction: Good news for those who are facing lower blood sugar levels or high insulin in the body. Fasting for Navratri can help in reduction of insulin resistance which is good for diabetic patients.
- Oxidative stress reduction: It is amazing to know that fasting can aid you in reducing oxidative stress level. Fasting can increase the resistance to free radical releases that is a cause of damaging DNA, proteins, and other molecules in the body. Also, it fights against inflammation induced by the increased oxidative stress level.
- Heart health: Fasting can do wonders with heart health as it can improve many risk factors pertaining to blood triglycerides, blood sugar level, LDL, and many others that are harmful to the heart. With the Navratri fasting diet, you can all the more improve the health of your heart.
- Mental health: Along with heart and liver health, fasting can play an important role in improving your brain health. It can reduce inflammation, oxidative stress, and increase the production of nerve cells in the brain. Aslo, fasting can protect brain cells against stroke.
What to eat in Navratri fast to lose weight ?
You must have heard of intermittent fasting for weight loss – Navratri fasting is not like that. It has some rules to follow and different versions to fast. Some people fast all the nine days without eating, some eat at night only, and others eat and drink only nutritious foods. If you are someone who is wondering how to lose weight in Navratri fast, here is a nine-day Navratri fasting diet plan.
- Breakfast should include Apple almond milk shake with chia seeds
- Tender coconut water before lunch
- Rajgira roti with Lauki for lunch
- 1 cup of green tea in the evening
- Fruits before dinner
- Spinach and boiled potato for dinner
- Breakfast should include Amaranth dosa and mint coriander chutney
- Chamomile Tea before lunch
- chaat of sweet potato and walnuts for lunch
- Baked banana chips and coconut water in the evening
- Pumpkin soup and makhana for dinner
- Breakfast should include Kuttu dosa and vegetables pumpkin and lauki
- Roasted makhana and fruits before lunch
- Singhara atta roti and boiled potato cubes for lunch
- Fruit milk for dinner
- Breakfast should include Kuttu paneer cheela and curd
- Lemonade with fruit before lunch
- Baked sago tikki, cucumber salad and yogurt for lunch
- Peach tea with baked or roasted makhana with a pinch of sendha namak in the evening
- Pumpkin and thick lauki soup for dinner
- Breakfast should include raw banana and yogurt
- Coconut water before lunch
- Rice idli and potato for lunch
- Dahi and makhana chaat in the evening
- Cutlets ( Baked sweet potato ) and curd for dinner
- Breakfast should include khichdi and almonds (soaked)
- Coconut water and fruits before lunch
- Arbi sabji curry or dry, kuttu roti and yogurt for lunch
- Roasted peanuts and green tea in the evening
- Amaranth cheela stuffed with paneer for dinner
- Breakfast should include makhana khichdi
- Jeera chaas with mint before lunch
- Curd and samak polenta for lunch
- Roasted makhana in the evening
- Paneer tikka (Use ghee not oil) for dinner
- Breakfast should include lauki kheer (almond milk and jaggery)
- Rice pulao for lunch
- Multi-fruit salad in the evening
- Rajgira roti and raita with cucumber for dinner
- Breakfast should include dosa (kuttu and paneer), curd and soaked almonds
- Fruit chaat before lunch
- Roasted makhana and dahi-aloo chaat for lunch
- Peanuts rice for dinner
Following this diet plan diligently will give you the desired results. Do not forget to incorporate fruits, milk, or soaked nuts in the morning.
People should always choose fasting for good health whenever they get a chance. But there is no point if you don’t follow certain rules. Follow the Navratri fasting diet plan dedicatedly and know how you can make it in your favour for losing weight or extracting other health benefits. Let us know how you’re planning to celebrate Navratri this time in the comments.