|The Benefits of Plant Protein for Women|
|Best Sources of Plant Protein for Women|
|Do We Need Vegan Protein Powder for Women|
|Recommended Vegan Protein Powder for Women|
|Risks Involved with Plant Protein for Women|
We all know that protein is the foundation for a healthy and strong body. While protein is required for the normal functioning of the body, it is even more beneficial for women, especially those who have reached their menopause stage. Plant protein for women may help add numbers to their life, take away inches from their waist, and help them enjoy a healthy and happy life.
Women need to use plant protein in their daily lives as it helps them to be fit, aids in strengthening muscles, provides good skin health conditions, and creates hormonal balance among other benefits. Plant based protein powder for women is also a great way to maintain the required protein intake. It is low on calories and high on essential nutrients and fibers. Read on to find out how women can benefit from plant proteins.
The Benefits of Plant Protein for Women
Researchers have perpetually emphasized the benefits of plant protein. It has been found out that plant protein for women, especially in the age bracket of 50-70 years, has multifarious advantages. They are as follows:
- Plant protein is low in Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL). It helps in the healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system
- Since plant based protein for women is low in fats and carbohydrates, it helps in weight management and keeps the fat at bay. Proteins keep one satiated for long and prevent binge eating.
- Since protein is a foundation for strong muscles and tissues, any plant based protein powder for women will help in maintaining a good figure/lean physique.
- Plant protein for women contains minerals, vitamins, phytochemicals, and antioxidants which help ward off infections, balance hormones, and keep overall health and mood balanced.
- If you opt for a supplement enriched with vegan protein for women, you get essential nutrients that help to boost your immunity and function well.
- Vegan plant protein also helps to invigorate your muscles and add luster to your skin, hair, and nails. In a nutshell, it helps to nourish muscles, helps with tissue repair, strengthens bones, and enhances the health of your skin, hair, and nails.
Best Sources of Plant Protein for Women
Here are some of the best sources of vegan protein for women:
- Pulses (can be any legume like Moong, Masoor, Toor dal, etc.)
- Seeds, especially Chia Seeds
- Green Leafy vegetables
- Nuts and dry fruits like Almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc.
- Soybean and soy products
Do We Need Vegan Protein Powder for Women?
Our main effort should be to consume protein from the normal diet. At times, it is not possible to obtain all the nutritional value from the meals. This is when plant based protein powder for women comes into the picture.
Supplements with Vegan protein for women bridge the nutritional gap, as they do not just contain protein but are also enriched with essential vitamins, minerals, omega-3, and antioxidants. Easy to consume, they are also great to taste and can be added to any dish as well with ease.
You can choose your vegan protein powder based on your body’s needs, health conditions, and age.
Recommended Vegan Protein Powder for Women
Whether you are a woman on the go, a home manager attending to chores, or a health enthusiast, everyone requires plant based protein powder for women. Following are some of the vegan protein powders for women to choose from:
1. Pea Protein
It is made from yelp peas and contains branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) which help to restore/strengthen the muscles. It helps to lower your blood pressure, reduces hunger and gives you a feeling of satiety.
2. Hemp Protein
It is rich in iron, zinc, magnesium, and ALA Omega-3 fatty acids. It is high in fiber, has a moderate amount of protein and all essential amino acids. However, it may cause side effects in some people such as bloating/digestive issues. Women with poor immunity or allergies to hemp seeds should avoid this.
3. Pumpkin Seed Protein
It has high nutritional value as far as protein and healthy fats are concerned. This protein has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory advantages.
4. Brown Rice Powder
It has high levels of BCAAs and is as efficacious as whey protein for muscle growth. Since there is a high probability of rice being contaminated with arsenic, it is suggested to check this protein powder for arsenic content.
5. Soy Protein Powder
It is a wholesome protein source with BCAAs in abundance to support the development of muscles. It also helps to decrease the amount of bad cholesterol. To prevent yourself from possible safety issues, try to order a non-genetic soy protein powder.
6. Sunflower Seed Protein
This protein helps to restore and rejuvenate the muscles. Lysine amino acid is low in sunflower seed, otherwise all the other essential amino acids are found in plenty. Hence, this powder is given with quinoa to complete its nutritive value.
7. Sacha Inchi Protein
This protein powder is a rich source of arginine and ALA omega-3 fat which helps to keep the heart healthy and lowers blood pressure.
8. Plant Protein Blends
Different plants have various ingredients that are amalgamated to form a plant protein blend. The result is an ideal form of the plant protein blend. It boosts up the nutrition level of the resultant protein blend.
Risks Involved with Plant Protein for Women
Here are some of the risks associated with plant protein for women which make it necessary to go for reliable and trusted brands only when you select a protein supplement.
- A women’s health vegan protein powder is a supplement. Hence, the FDA doesn’t claim any responsibility for the damages. It is the manufacturer’s job to check the side effects. So we will never know how authentic the evaluation is.
- Overconsumption can lead to digestive issues.
When focusing on your protein consumption, just remember that the daily recommended dose of protein for women should be 46 gms. If you are meeting this requirement through your regular diet, then there is no need for supplements. According to the studies from Harvard Medical School, protein powder should be used only if there is difficulty swallowing or eating or if the protein requirement is high and a protein-rich diet is not able to satisfy the demand.
Women who include plant protein in their diet have been found to live a healthier life. Adding more protein to the diet through legumes, soybean, nuts, or any other plant protein for women act as a catalyst in improving your overall health. So, go ahead and pick your protein source and no matter what you pick, staying healthy must always remain a priority.