|Health Benefits Of Consuming Whey Protein Concentrate|
|Dosage Of Whey Protein Concentrate|
|Effectiveness Of Whey Protein Concentrate|
Protein remains one of the basic and essential nutrients required to ensure the proper functioning of our body. Consumption of protein supplements such as whey protein concentrate carries out a wide variety of functions such as ensuring optimal blood circulation, proper synthesis of DNA, supplying the required amount of oxygen to the brain, and promoting a healthy muscle gain.
There are essentially three different types of protein:
- Whey Protein Concentrate: Whey protein concentrate is a form of protein that is highly concentrated using superior processing methods in order to provide the maximum amount of nutrition in a single serving. Whey concentrate could still contain a lot of potential trace compounds but is a viable solution nevertheless.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate: This form of protein isolate has been chemically processed to be half broken down, which means that a majority of the protein that your body requires is already synthesised and ready for your consumption. It is significantly less effective than whey concentrate.
- Whey Protein Isolate: Whey Protein Isolate is a dairy-free whey alternative for those diagnosed with lactose intolerance. It is chemically processed to only eliminate every other component other than the protein present in the substance, making it the most effective choice of protein supplementation followed by whey concentrate.
Health Benefits Of Consuming Whey Protein Concentrate
Given below are some of the health benefits of consuming whey protein concentrate:
- Fills You Up: Whey concentrate supplements are a great way of filling yourself up and avoiding hunger pangs. Proteins are usually much denser in their structure as compared to food groups such as carbs and fats. Due to their tightly compressed form and highly nourishing ingredients, whey concentrate supplements can help you feel fuller, which automatically makes you consume fewer calories thereafter.
Doing this for an extended period, either on a day-to-day basis or a meal-to-meal basis, can put your body in a state of caloric deficit while boosting metabolism. This is especially beneficial to bodybuilders in the cutting stage and needs to keep up with their whey concentrate protein powder intake and workout routines while being in a caloric deficit.
- Prevents Metabolic Slowdown: An important whey concentrate benefits is that consuming enough protein can direct your body into utilising stored units of subcutaneous fats to produce more energy while preventing a possible metabolic slowdown. Instead, as you maintain a steady intake of protein in combination with an exercise regime, your body can unlock higher levels of metabolic activity, which can help you burn actual fat while maintaining muscle mass.
- Aids Cognitive Functioning: A lot of whey concentrate protein powder supplements are synthesised using various natural whole foods which not only offer protein but also other essential nutrients such as the B class of vitamins, phosphorus, manganese, etc. These nutrients have a significant role to play in the cognitive functioning of the body. Protein concentrate helps carry out functions such as boosting the concentration of oxygen levels in our brain, ensuring a smoother transmission of bodily fluids, and improving blood circulation in the body.
This results in a reduced triglyceride count, elimination of bad cholesterol levels, and most importantly, a reduction of oxidative stress exerted on our brain. Consumption of whey concentrate protein powder is beneficial for preventing any future neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, or Parkinson’s.
- Lowering Cholesterol Levels: Having a high cholesterol count can lead to several complications in the long run. Among the many whey concentrate benefits is the fact that it can help lower LDL or bad cholesterol levels while simultaneously boosting HDL or good cholesterol. Additionally, whey concentrate has been proven to regulate elevated insulin and lipid profiles when supplemented for a period of 12 weeks or more.
- Boosts Immune System: Another of the many whey concentrate benefits is that it can help enhance the action of white killer blood cells or lymphocytes in our body which fends off harmful pathogens and prevent potential infections. This helps in boosting both the innate and adaptive immune systems in our body. The amino acids present in whey concentrate supplements are also beneficial for preventing the triggering of catabolism.
Dosage Of Whey Protein Concentrate
Since the protein concentrate requirements of individuals vary from person to person depending on their physical composition and health conditions, it is difficult to determine a fixed intake of protein.
However, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Indian Medical Association recommended to us a general rule of thumb to measure out the daily intake of protein – wherein we consume one gram of the best whey protein concentrate per one pound of body weight. This number can also be higher in the case of athletes and bodybuilders since they burn up a lot of protein than the average person.
It is also important that you limit your consumption of protein concentrate powder to not more than 2.5 grams per pound of bodyweight. This as excessive consumption can lead to side effects of whey protein such as unwanted fat gain, gout, kidney issues, diarrhoea, nausea, diarrhoea, increased levels of ammonia in our blood, and in some cases, death.
Recommended Usage Of Protein
Whey protein concentrate benefits are just as dependent on the time of consumption as they are on the actual protein content itself. This is why consuming whey concentrate in these specified intervals throughout the day can optimise your body’s protein and iron absorption at the same time:
- As soon as you wake up – this helps in reversing the tissue damage experienced by your muscles during the sleep cycle and preventing catabolism.
- Between meals – this helps in optimising the presence of nitrogen in the body and revitalising the muscles.
- Before Bed – this helps in keeping the body fueled during the sleep schedule and preventing catabolism and muscle damage.
Effectiveness Of Whey Protein Concentrate
The regular supplementation of the best whey protein concentrate can be useful for the following diseases:
- Helps With Treating Eczema: Regular supplementation of protein-based foods within the first one year of life can have a significant impact on reducing the chances of developing red itchy skin, commonly found in patients diagnosed with eczema. It can also help in reducing the inflammation that causes these symptoms.
- Helps WIth Treating Atopic Disease: Consumption of the best whey concentrate during the early stages of childhood can greatly decrease the chances of an individual developing an allergic reaction to external stimuli. This can be useful in increasing the body’s tolerance to diseases as well.
- Aids Weight Loss: People who were diagnosed with HIV were said to show significant improvements in their weight after being supplemented with the best whey protein concentrate for a few weeks.
An important thing to keep in mind would be to understand that whey protein concentrate supplements should not be used as actual meal replacements. They are only beneficial when used with a balanced diet that also contains natural and whole sources of macronutrients. It is also recommended that you do not exceed the recommended daily allowance of protein by consuming too many protein supplements. Always consult your doctor or healthcare provider before including it in your diet. They will take into account your requirements and other factors like your medical history to recommend the right products and dosage.