Ayurvedic Treatments for Hair loss
Are you tired of those expensive hair loss treatments and therapies that have been a failure in controlling your hair loss? It’s the right time to switch over to an effective, promising and affordable treatment. What can be more promising than Ayurveda for your hair fall problems?
Ayurveda has been known since centuries for being a holistic system of medicine. It’s incredible, therapeutic properties work on three doshas: Pitta, Vata and Kapha. Hair loss is an effect of excessive “Pitta Dosha” in the body. The level of Pitta Dosha escalates due to hot climate, excessive intake of spicy, salty, tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and chain smoking, leading to hair thinning and breakage. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall aims to maintain the level of Pitta Dosha in the body with a combination of personalized diet, herbs, oil massage, yoga and meditation.
Here are some natural foods that will help you prevent your hair fall:
- Aloe vera: It is rich in enzymes that support healthy hair. These proteolitic (group of enzymes that break the long chain like molecules of proteins into shorter fragments) enzymes remove dead skin cells form the scalp. This ensures that nutrients reach the hair roots. So add aloe vera juice to your daily diet for ensuring your hair gets the nutrition it needs to be healthy and beautiful.
- Sesame seeds: Start your breakfast every day with a handful of sesame seeds that are a great source of magnesium and calcium. Magnesium and calcium boosts your hair growth by reaching hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- Drink fresh juice of carrot, spinach and lettuce to reduce hair fall naturally.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green vegetables are enriched with nutrients for your overall growth, including your hair.
CHAMPI- An Ayurveda Head Massage
Head massage, a beneficial and a wonderful therapy for proper nourishment of your hair roots. It boosts blood circulation to hair follicles and hence promotes hair growth. Massaging the scalp with warm oil is the apt way to nurture your scalp and hair. Some of the essential hair massage oils are as follows:
- Coconut oil: This oil is bliss for damaged, dull hair. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil will not only stimulate hair growth by unclogging pores but also prevent hair fall by providing strength to the hair strands.
- Bhringraj oil: This herb is botanically known as Eclipta Alba. Massaging your scalp regularly with this valuable herb treats your damaged, brittle hair by boosting blood circulation to the hair follicles, providing strength to your hair strands
- Rosemary Essential oil: This salubrious herb is known for its hair and beauty benefits. Besides improving hair growth, it is believed to reduce hair loss and premature graying. Head massage with Rosemary oil will not only soothe your nerves but also treat scalp ailments like dandruff, flaky scalp etc.
Healthy, Essential Herbs for Hair loss
Yoga and Meditation
Since stress is the most common reason for hair loss, many hair specialists have recommended trying relaxation techniques. And what can be more effective than meditation and yoga?
HERE ARE SOME THE ASANAS OR YOGA POSES FOR HAIR GROWTH:
Ayurveda Home Remedies
• Indian Gooseberries: Get some amalaki or Indian Gooseberries powder and mix it in water for one night. By morning, you can find that the powder gets soft and it becomes easy to apply it. Press gooseberries for its juice and mix it with water. Add lemon juice to the mixture and the solution is ready. You can easily apply the solution to your hair just like a shampoo.
• Banyan Tree: Take a small part of the root of Banyan tree and mix it with lemon juice. Apply it on your hair to avoid hair loss.
• Lettuce and spinach juice: A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to promote hair growth.
• Apply juice of green coriander to your scalp and reduce hair fall within days
• Wash your hair with a paste of cooked green gram and methi for 2-3 times a week
• Apply white of an egg with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and let it stand for 30 minutes on your scalp and rinse thoroughly.
• Boil fresh neem leaves in water for an hour. Drain the water and let it cool and use it as a shampoo to wash your hair.
• Mix powdered Indian gooseberry (amla) and sesame seeds in equal amounts. Take 1 teaspoon twice a day with water.
• Take 1 cup of curry leaves and grind them with 1 cup of buttermilk. Apply this to the hair for 1 hour, and then wash the hair with an herbal shampoo.