A strong immune system protects us from invasive pathogens, fungi, viruses, bacteria, and toxins. An immune system is made from different cells, proteins, organs, and others to work together. Mainly there are two types of immune systems: the innate immune system that we all are born with and the adaptive immune system that our body develops later. We use various immunity booster supplements or foods to support them with a wide range of nutrients.We need to make a few changes in our daily diet to avoid a weak immune system. With better immunity, you live your life fully without concerns about infections, low energy levels, and others. Though we look for immunity booster foods, here you are exposed to 10 foods to avoid that can weaken your immune system. But before that let’s have a glance at immunity boosters.
Foods That Weaken Immune System
A weak immune system can make you prone to various infections and you will get symptoms like pneumonia, skin infections, meningitis, blood disorders, anemia, digestive issues, diarrhea, cramps, inflammation, growth delays, memory issues, and many more. The key to a strong immune system is to eat healthy. To boost immune system, you also need to avoid some foods that can lead to a weak immune system like:
- Sweets: Too much sweets limits the immune system that fights against bacteria. Even honey is not good in high amounts for immunity.
- Cold Drinks and soda: These beverages are abundant in sugar and are among the foods that weaken immune system. People generally drink soda after their meal as they think it is good for their digestive system but it is also bad for immunity.
- White breads: It is high calorie foods that contribute to inflammation and weak immune system.
- Candies: There is no doubt that candies are bad for our teeth health but these are worst for immunity.
- Raisins: Though these are natural sugar and admitted as healthy, these can spike the blood sugar level that attacks immunity.
- Fruits Juice: Avoid fruit juices, these are high in sucrose which is not good for health.
- Energy drinks: There are many energy drinks available in the market but they are not healthy. They can steal your energy and strength if taken for a long time.
- Bananas: You must be wondering that bananas are rich sources of vitamin A which boost immunity but unripe bananas are a culprit of creating disruption in the nutrients absorption that is a cause of a weak immune system.
- Tofu: Soy products create issues in absorbing other nutrients that cause autoimmune issues, gut problems and inflammation, though these are great sources of protein.
- Processed foods: Say big no to chips, fast foods, ice creams, and other processed foods as these are enemies of your immune system.
Best Immunity Boosting Foods
Here are some foods, herbs, and supplements that can help you to improve immunity.
- Fruits and vegetables: Include these fruits and vegetables:
- Red bell peppers
- Citrus fruits like orange, grapefruit, amla,
- Immune boosting herbs: Here are some of the herbs that can help you to boost immunity including:
- Astragalus roots
- Garlic, and others
- Immunity booster supplements: There are some of the top immunity boosting supplements.
Now you know what weakens the immune system. Along with these foods you must avoid beer, alcohol, smoking, pollution, adulterated cheese and other milk products, to protect your immunity. With good exercise and healthy eating habits you will have strong immunity that helps you to stay energized, active, and motivated all the time.