To achieve optimal health, one needs to focus on both their mental and physical health. Optimal health is directly proportional to the physical, emotional, and relational well-being. In this article, you will get to know how you can achieve optimal health.
- Have a balanced diet:
The first and foremost thing one needs to do is follow a balanced diet plan. Are you wondering what’s a balanced diet? Well! A balanced diet consists of a variety of food items in different quantities so that it meets your daily calorie requirement. Balanced diet plans are made in such a way that you get adequate amounts of the nutrients necessary for staying healthy.
Here is a list of a few nutritious food items that you can consider consuming:
- Broccoli Including broccoli to your healthy diet plan provides your body with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, potassium, cobalamin, calcium, protein, carbs and fibres.
- Peanut Do not forget to add peanuts to your diet chart as these are an abundant source of both macro and micronutrients. Eating a fistful of peanuts everyday will provides your body with vitamin B6, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, riboflavin, choline, and vitamin E. Peanuts are also a rich source of magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, iron, copper, manganese and selenium. It provides the right amount of protein and fibres that can help you to build muscles.
- Cheese Including cheese to your healthy food list will provide your body with calcium, healthy fat, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B-12, zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin. Cheese cubes made from the milk of 100% grass-fed cows also contain vitamin K-2 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eggs If you want to enjoy the benefits of healthy eating, then do not forget to add eggs to your diet. Other than protein, eggs also provide your body with vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, vitamin D, vitamin B-6, Cobalamin and Magnesium.
- Meat If you think eating non-veg is unhealthy, then you may be wrong. It depends on the way you are cooking the meat. There are a lot of healthy recipes that show how you can cook meat using minimum oil and spices. Meats like chicken, beef, etc. are a rich source of fibre, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- Almond Try to include almonds to your healthy diet plan, as these are the best source of protein, fibre, vitamin E, magnesium, riboflavin, calcium and potassium.
- Banana If you are looking for a good healthy fruit that can provide your body with a boost in energy, then you should include bananas to your daily diet. Bananas are a rich source of healthy carbs, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
- Apple “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, this is what we have heard from our childhood. Do you know why? Well! Apples are a rich source of nutrients that plays vital roles in keeping your body fit and healthy. It is a source of healthy carbs, fibres, protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin A and magnesium.
- Milk If you wish to build muscles and make your bones stronger from within, then you should add milk to your diet and nutrition plan. Milk is a rich source of protein, which supports muscle building and development. It is also a source of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, calcium and folate.
- Supplements If you aren’t able to get the right amount of nutrients from foods, then you can go for health supplements. Supplements help in adding nutrition to your diet plan. Get yourself checked by a doctor and know which supplements are required for your body and add them to your daily diet accordingly.
Other than these foods, you can also add brown rice, pulses, green leafy vegetables, juicy fruits, etc. You can follow some of the best diet plans that are offered by HeathKart and meet your body goals within a short period.
Your body needs the right type of nutrition diet plan to stay healthy, but at the same time, it also requires you to burn the calories that you eat regularly. Try to go to the gym for an hour and if you do not like to sweat in the gym, then try walking, doing yoga, swimming, cycling or any kind of exercise that you want.
Some other points that you got to remember to achieve optimal health are:
- Try to complete your sleep ( at least 8hours a day)
- Stress, anxiety and depression are the three best friends that are harmful to both your mental as well as physical health. If you are suffering from any of these issues, then try to speak to a psychiatrist ( there is no harm in doing that)
- Try meditation; this will help you stay calm and stress free
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day
- Make new friends and do not forget your old ones ( stay socially active)
Take care of your diet, physical wellbeing and mental wellbeing. Follow these simple things in your life to stay happy and healthy.