Have you heard about love handles? No! No! They aren’t as lovely as the name sounds. Flanks or love handles are the extra layers of body fats that love to stick to the sides of your lower waist and back. Our body tends to store the excess fat around the belly and this can be due to genetics, hormonal issues or as per gender. Flank formation becomes more prominent as you get older. Over time, our body usually redistributes the excess fat from our limbs to our trunk. With age our metabolism rate also slows down, and causes weight gain.
To lose those extra fat you need to follow a caloric deficit diet plan as well as burn large amounts of calories at the same time. Among all other tips to stay healthy the best tips to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. For losing weight in a healthy way it is usually suggested to create a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day. This will be around 3,500 calories per week, or around 1 pound of fat loss.
Here are a few ways that can help you to lose weight fast from your lower waist and back:
- Keep an eye on your diet
Well if you really want to lose those not so lovey dovey handles, then you seriously need to follow a strict diet plan to lose weight. Your diet should be low in calories and must contain more and more nutrients. Your diet must contain the following things:
- Vegetables and fruits: Plant based items are the best diet food for weight loss as they are low in calories and contain excessive fiber. Fruits and vegetables can help to hold you full for a longer period of time, which means you are likely to gulp down less unhealthy calories. Additionally plant based foods are wealthy in vital vitamins and minerals.
- Entire grains: Time to substitute refined grains from your diet plan to reduce weight. You need to say a big no to white pasta, white bread and other such refined foods and substitute them with fiber-rich complete grains like brown rice, whole grain bread and quinoa.
- Lean protein: Include more and more lean protein to your list of fat burning foods. You can have seafood, eggs, chicken lean beef, beans, pea, etc.
- Wholesome fat: Time to swap those saturated fat with healthy unsaturated fat like avocado, olive oil or fish.
- No processed food: Restrict your diet plan and do not include processed foods and sugar to your meal plan.
- Keep yourself hydrated
Along with diet and exercise you need to keep yourself hydrated as well. For this you need to drink at least 3 to 4 litres of water everyday. You can also try weight loss drinks like lemon water (without sugar), detox drinks, fruit juices, etc. These drinks will help to flush out toxins from your body as well as reduce weight.
- Make a proper cardio routine
You must include cardio exercises to lose weight as they can help you to burn a lot of calories and also boost your energy, improve bone health, and enhance mental wellness. You must do 30 minutes of cardio exercises everyday and that can include walking, running on treadmill, swimming, cycling, running on track, etc.
- Get enough sleep
Along with regular or at gym your body also needs adequate amounts of rest to lose weight. Less sleep or insomnia can disrupt your metabolism and make your weight loss journey harder. It can also increase your hunger pangs and make you eat more calories. So, make sure you have adequate sleep to lose weight in a healthy way.
- Planks For Flanks
To target those flanks of yours and get well defined muscles underneath that includes the core and back muscles you need to do some planks everyday. To sculpt those muscles, try the following home exercises to lose weight:
- Side plank: This is the easiest at home workout that works on your abs, butt, and hips. Side planks also work great on the side waist muscles, underneath your love handles.
- Bicycle crunches: If you are looking out for good belly fat reduce exercise, then bicycle crunch is what you need to do. This is a classic move that works great for your abs and sides.
- Bird dog: Bird dog is the best home workout for women and men as it helps to define the abs, back, hips, and butt. This is an excellent exercise that can help to improve your posture.
Conclusion: You can even try to browse youtube to know more about the best exercise for weight loss at home or try to consult your trainer to know more about love handle reduction techniques. You can also try some good supplements that can help you lose weight fast and in a healthy way. We hope this article helps you get rid of your not so lovely flanks or love handles.