Who says that you need to give up on the food that you love in order to get fit? You can still indulge in delicious dishes by making a few simple changes to the recipe. For those of you who love a good pancake for breakfast, read on to know some healthy pancake recipes. Made with nutritious ingredients, these pancakes are not just satisfying but also perfect to help you reach your fitness goals. Just add a simple twist to traditional oatmeal pancakes and other varieties and you have a healthy solution to your sweet cravings.
Nutritious Pancake Recipes
Here are some unique, exciting recipes for you to try out:
1. Almond Oatmeal Banana Pancake
Why make regular banana oatmeal pancakes when you can add more flavour and texture to them with this recipe.
- Unsweetened almond milk – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Egg white -1
- Banana – 1
- Maple syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Rolled oats – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Mix the eggs, egg whites, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla essence, baking powder, rolled oats, and salt in a blender.
- Make a smooth batter.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Melt some butter or coconut oil on it.
- Pour some pancake batter into it and spread it into small circles.
- Cook it on one side for a few minutes. Then turn it over and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve these banana and oat pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup or toppings like berries and fruits.
2. Oatmeal and Cottage Cheese Pancakes
All you need is a few basic ingredients to make these delicious oat pancakes. They are low in fat and high in protein – ideal for a restricted diet.
- Rolled oats, dry – 1 cup
- Egg whites – 1 cup
- Fat-free cottage cheese – 1 cup
- Vanilla – ¼ tsp
- Ground cinnamon – ¼ tsp
- Sweetener of your choice
- Blend all the ingredients together and make a smooth batter.
- Heat a skillet and add some coconut oil.
- Pour some pancake batter onto the skillet and spread it into a small circle.
- Let it cook well on one side. Then flip and cook the other side as well.
- Take it off the skillet and serve it with maple syrup and berries of your choice.
3. Banana Bread Pancakes
This is another healthy banana pancake recipe that brings you the best of two of your favourite breakfast items.
- Ripe banana – 1
- Egg – 1
- Almond meal – 2 tbsp
- Ground ginger – ¼ tsp
- Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Salt/ Sea Salt – 1 pinch
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Combine the banana, almond meal, egg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a blender to make a smooth batter.
- Heat some ghee in a medium skillet. Pour some batter onto the skillet and spread it out to make small pancakes.
- Allow it to become brown on one side and then flip it to cook the other side.
- Serve with any topping of your choice. For these banana and oatmeal pancakes, walnuts and a drizzle of chocolate sauce make a great topping.
4. Low Fat Pumpkin Pancakes
After all the healthy banana pancake recipes, here is a different twist with the sweetness of pumpkins. This pancake recipe is low in fat and rich in fibre to ease digestion as well. If you want a gluten-free option, all you need to do is replace the flour with almond flour or powdered oats.
- Plain flour – 200g
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 200 ml
- Cooked and mashed pumpkin – 100g
- Egg, separated – 1
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder into a deep bowl.
- Stir the mashed pumpkin into a jar of milk.
- Once you have a thick mixture, add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Slowly pour this pumpkin mixture into the flour while stirring continuously.
- Mix it till you have a lump-free batter.
- Now heat a skillet and grease it with coconut oil or butter.
- Pour a small portion of the batter onto the skillet and spread it out to make a small pancake.
- Let one side cook until it is light brown in colour.
- Flip it over to cook the other side as well.
- Serve with a light drizzle of melted, unsalted butter.
5. Grapefruit, Orange, and Sweet Potato Pancake
When it comes to healthy pancake recipes, this one is quite popular because of the piquant citrus flavour. If grapefruit isn’t available, you can replace them with oranges or any other citrus fruit for the similar flavour.
- Peeled and grated sweet potatoes – 300g
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Zested and segmented oranges – 2
- Yoghurt – 150g
- Eggs – 2
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Grapefruits, segmented – 2
- In a bowl, add the sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes in a microwave.
- Once it is done, mash it well and let it cool.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients and blend to make a smooth batter.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan.
- 12 spoonfuls of the batter and spread it out to make a small pancake.
- Cook one side until it is light brown in colour.
- Flip it carefully and cook the other side as well.
- You can store these pancakes in a refrigerator and microwave them every time you want to serve them.
- Top them with chocolate chips, butter, or jam when you serve.
Pancakes are a simple and tasty breakfast option. The best part is that you can prepare the batter and save it for a few days in the refrigerator. The healthy pancake recipes that we have shared give you the goodness of a delicious breakfast minus the calories. Adding substitutes to eggs and flour, you can also prepare vegan, nutritious, tasty, and gluten-free variants.