People are turning toward vegetarian diet because it is associated with lower risk of cardiac diseases, chronic diseases, and it also helps in weight loss. Highly processed foods and too many carbs in our daily meals have made us realize the importance of vegetables and now almost everybody is looking for a vegetarian weight loss plan. Most people are confused between vegan diet plan for weight loss and vegetarian weight loss diet plan. Actually, vegan diets have only plant based foods but vegetarian diets consist of all the plant based foods, bee products, and dairy products.
Main Types Of Vegetarian Diets:
Usually, vegetarian diets include mainly plant based foods and exclude non vegetarian foods. Here are the main types of vegetarian foods that provide you many health benefits
- Lacto vegetarian: Milk, cheese, curd, and other dairy products
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian: eggs, bee products, and dairy products
- Vegan: Only plant based foods
- Ovo- vegetarian: Eggs
Foods To Avoid In Vegetarian Diet
- Avoid foods that are highly processed and are high in calories and sugar, as it can sabotage your health goals.
- Avoid eating fried foods, candy, and soda. They are good for your overall health and can increase the chances of chronic diseases.
- Don’t include refined grains, trans fats, sweetened sauces, and refined oils in your diet.
Benefits of Vegetarian Diet
- Vegetarian diet provides a wide range of benefits. It may reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and types of cancer.
- It is an ecologically sustainable option.
- This diet lowers cholesterol levels.
- People who follow this diet are likely to decrease the risks of type 2 diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do Vegetarians Lose Weight?
To switch on a vegetarian diet plan for weight loss from your regular diet is an excellent decision. It promotes weight loss just like a vegan diet as this also focuses on low calorie but high nutrient foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and others.
What can a Vegetarian Eat to Lose Belly Fat?
If you are upto vegetarian weight loss meal plan, there are some tips to include in your daily life to lose belly fat.
- Drink sufficient water with minerals
- Increase your fiber consumption
- Say no to artificial sugar
- Limit your carbohydrate intake
- Increase your protein intake
- Eat protein rich diet while feeling cravings
- Do intense exercise regularly
Do Vegetarians Lose Weight Faster?
When we say vegetarian meals for weight loss, people usually think eat any vegetables, you will lose weight. It is not right. Vegetarian doesn’t mean cutting out calorie dense foods. You have to choose very carefully while working on losing weight. You have to cut calorie dense foods which include cheese, potatoes, sweet vegetables, and many more. If you exercise regularly with a highly controlled vegetarian diet you can lose weight faster and also helps in lean muscle gain.
What is the 7 Day Challenge diet?
A 7 day challenge diet is used for weight loss. Here you make a weight loss meal plan where every day you have to focus on each different food and neglect the carbohydrate intake.
Different Diets For Weight Loss:
Here are many other best diets besides vegetarian diets to aid you in losing weight and becoming popular due to their effectiveness.
Consult a Certified Dietician At HealthKart Connect with our weight loss specialist, if you are planning to have a meal plan. From weight gain diet Plan for men, weight diet plan for women, to non veg weight loss meal plan, we provide you with all the assistance and guidance at HealthKart to make your meal plan more effective. Connect with our dietitians for any questions or consultation and stride toward a healthy lifestyle.