Nutrition for kids is the same as for adults but children need different amounts of these at different ages while growing up. A balanced diet and home cooked meal can easily provide these all nutritions on a daily basis. But nowadays families have busy and fast paced lifestyles therefore unable to provide home cooked meals for their children that leaves them open to order from outside. But there is no guarantee that this food is hygienic or cooked under the guidelines of cleanliness that intact the nutritions. Children are influenced by their friends easily. Any new attracting advertisements of junk food can easily attract their wide audience. A balanced diet for kids is becoming a myth in such circumstances.
Nutrition tips for kids: When we say nutrition tips for kids, it doesn’t mean that children are going to follow these tips. Parents have to focus on these tips to make their children follow consciously. You should consult with the dietitian for a child nutrition chart to follow. There are some tips to make your child interested toward a kids diet plan.
- Aware Of Children’s Daily Routine: Children are not aware of these negligence of their parents but when they come to know they will surely make their parents guilty for their health issues. Before making any diet plan for children you have to be aware of their daily routine. This is not a surveillance, you are not breaching their freedom but silently having all the information of their daily activities.
- Be A Hero or Role Model: Children imitate their parents in everything they do. To make them eat the balanced food first you have to eat the balanced food. Glorifies the benefits of healthy food before them in a friendly way not like a bossy way. As food preferences are developed in very early childhood, you have to expose them to different types of foods.
- Never Force Kids To Eat: You know the children. The more you will be strict to them, the more they resist doing that. So, be creative to make them eat. Reward them with some clean sweets when they eat the whole thing on the plate instead of forcing them to clean the plate.
- Healthy snacks for kids: Experiment or fail but cook food at home. Try to cook varieties of food. Make healthy snacks for kids like yogurt, popcorn, mix nuts, celery and peanut butter mixture, trail mix, cottage cheese, oatmeal, fruit smoothie, boiled eggs, and many others which are also the best diet foods.
- Healthy Habits: To avoid your children from overeating or unconsciously eating and seeing the television or mobile at the same time, limit the screen time. Tell them how many times they have to chew the food before engulfing. Why do you need to do so? What are the healthy foods to eat? or How does it work in our body? Make them eager to know more about the relationship between body and food.
- Be Creative: As a parent it is your responsibility to do everything possible for your child. If your child will see the same thing on his plate, he will not find it interesting and search for food outside. To curb them in house with their choice, use your imagination to make food fun. Try to add fruits while eating your meal. You can make shapes with food on the plate like smiling emoji on bread. For taste you can use sauce with veggies and many others.
- Be A Partner With Your Kid While Shopping: Let your child choose the fruits, tomatoes, and other vegetables first. Then appreciate him if he chooses the healthy one by saying why this is a better pick. If he doesn’t pick the right one, don’t lose your temper just tell him that it was close. Pick yourself and elaborate why it is right. This way you should buy nutritious food for kids.
- Encourage Your Child To Get The Best: Encourage your child to make the best protein drink for kids. Don’t ask, request him to help you so that he will be happy to help. Let him make his milk by himself but observe what he is putting in it.
- Hide Vegetables In Foods: Some vegetables are not tasty for children but essential for their growth. You have to put the vegetables in some other foods in which these vegetables will be tasty or you can slice the vegetables in small pieces before putting them in their foods.
- Limit The Excessive Sugar Consumption: Don’t ban the sweets completely. Not allowing your children to eat doughnuts or cake can turn them against you. But it also doesn’t mean that you can’t limit their sugar intake. Avoid them sugary drinks if they have eaten something sweet. You can reject their demands over allowing one.
These 10 Nutrition Tips for Kids are not complete without parent’s involvement because children are not going to follow these things by themselves with obvious reasons.