Healthy eating is a need of the hour as our inclination to fast paced lifestyle is leading us to weak immune systems. Due to the weak immunity system, nowadays we are more exposed to various diseases especially communicable ones. The changing environment didn’t only affect our immune system but also the quality of nutrients in the food that means you will not get as much protein from your healthy foods as you used to get from 10 years back. Your physical and mental activities also increase the demand of nutrients. If you are in some special medical condition, you have to follow other nutrient values. So, you have to include these all things while curating your healthy eating habits. Here are eight practical tips for healthy eating that help you to get all the nutrients without compromising quality.
- Consume More Water: Maybe you are consuming water only when you are feeling thirsty. And most of the time you try to suppress your thirst. Lack of water in the body leads to some of the issues like anxiety, stress, obesity, overeating, and many more that hampers better nutrients absorption. But drinking water can have its side effects if not consumed cautiously. So, always try to consume water before meals and avoid drinking it after meals. Start your day with lukewarm water. Apple cider vinegar and himalayan salt in it can add some more health benefits. Avoid drinking water at night as it can hinder your sleep.
- Watch Your Calorie Intake: Calorie helps us to give energy for our daily work. Men are recommended to have around 2,500 calories per day while women are recommended to have around 2, 000 calories per day to maintain the weight if they have too much physical activities to do. But due to our fast paced lifestyle, we are exposed to eating too much calories. So while curating healthy diet plans include one more and that is tracking the calorie intake before eating.
- Do a proper breakfast: Skipping breakfast is one of the unwanted things for us as no matter how early we wake up, it seems to always be late for office or school. For getting time under your control, only our need for nutrients suffers. One thing is for sure no matter how you try to do things on time, something will leave and your health will suffer. You should never compromise your health, so slow down and include a high protein diet in your breakfast. As in the morning your metabolism is on its peak, you must use it for managing your day’s eating habits.
- Eggs and Milk Everyday: Eggs and milk are considered the complete foods that consist of a wide range of nutrients if not all. From protein, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids, to other minerals, these have very things. Even supplements are made from them. So, these are the healthy foods to eat everyday
- Green leafy vegetables: Vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus and many more that are known for your bones health, production of red blood cells, and other health benefits. But there are some of the starch rich foods that may not be helpful for your heart health due to its high calorie level. So, always include green leafy vegetables as these are also heart healthy foods.
- Fish and meat: Sea foods like fish are a great source of omega 3, vitamin D, protein, calcium, and many others. So aim to eat at least fish two times a week. Fish like trout, mackerel, salmon, sardines, salmon, and others are great for your heart health. So, have it. Meat is also a good source of protein, fat, amino acids, and many others but increases cholesterol level in the body. Include them but track on its consumption.
- Fruits: Consumption of a whole fruit can help you to get various vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, and others. Fruits have a wide range of positive effects on the body. Orange, apple, banana, and others are the fruits good for skin. That makes your skin beautiful. Make sure you are eating whole fruit rather than fruit juice for maximum benefits.
- Cut down Salt and sugar: Don’t eat more than 6 gram salt in a day. Eating more salt can cause your bloating, thirst, increased blood pressure, hypernatremia, and others. Also cut down sugar intake as it is cause of premature ageing, weight gain, low energy, constant cravings, insomnia, weak immune system, low energy, and others.
Read and understand the nutrients how it impacts on your body before curating a healthy diet plan. Take help from dietitians along with these healthy lifestyle tips and get benefited from the numerous health benefits including reduction of the risk of various chronic diseases. Instead of making hard and big changes include these simple easy tips to get faster results. Because these hard and big changes are not feasible for the long run usually.