A keto breakfast must be high in fat but low in carbohydrates. Studies show that it is perfect for anyone who wants to lose weight quickly. It is also known to improve health over time. For you to have better keto breakfast options, here is a selection of some simple and tasty recipes.
Easy Keto Breakfast Recipes
These keto breakfast recipes are carefully put together to give you the right balance of nutrients. They are low on carbs, high on fat, and give you the right amount of protein, fibre, and vitamins.
1. Keto Upma
For vegetarians looking for keto breakfast ideas, this recipe is a clear winner.
- Cauliflower, ground into rice-like consistency- 2 cups
- Chopped onion- 1
- Mixed vegetables- 1 cup
- Coconut Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 stalk
- Green chilies- 2
- Minced ginger- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut- 1 tbsp
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and saute the mustard till it sputters.
- Add ginger, curry leaves, green chilli, and asafoetida. Saute for 30-40 seconds more.
- Add the chopped onions and cook till they are soft.
- Mix in the vegetables and cook well.
- Add the cauliflower rice, salt, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the cauliflower cook. You may sprinkle some water to speed it up.
- Let it cool for a while.
- Serve this delicious keto diet breakfast with a topping of grated coconut and coriander.
2. Keto Pancakes
This is one of the tastiest keto breakfast options that are also versatile. You can serve it with a variety of toppings to make it more interesting each time.
- Almond flour- 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese- 100 grams
- Eggs- 4
- Lemon zest- 1 tsp
- Butter- To fry
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the cream cheese, almond flour, eggs, and lemon zest till they make a smooth batter.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick pan.
- Pour 3 tbsps of the batter and spread it out.
- Cook it till one side turns golden brown.
- After 2 minutes, flip it and cook it till the other side is done well.
- Transfer it to a plate and serve with a dollop of butter.
- You can also try other keto breakfast options like adding some peanut butter or maple syrup to the pancake.
3. Keto Oatmeal
A tasty bowl of oatmeal is one of the easiest, low-calorie keto breakfast options that can be prepared in just a few minutes.
- Unsweetened almond milk- 1 cup
- Hemp seeds- 60g
- Flax seeds- 30g
- Chia seeds- 30g
- Chopped almonds- 30g
- Vanilla essence- 2 drops
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- ½ tsp
- Any sweetener of your choice
- Cooked rolled oats- 1 cup
- In one bowl, mix the cooked oatmeal with almond milk till you have a thick porridge.
- Add the hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, and chopped almonds and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, cocoa powder, and a sweetener of your choice and give it a gentle stir.
- You can top this keto diet breakfast with a few berries of your choice and serve.
4. Cottage Cheese Omelette
This is a great choice for you if you are looking for high protein keto breakfast recipes.
- Eggs- 2 large
- Salt- A pinch
- Whole milk- 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper- A pinch
- Baby Spinach- 1 cup
- Cottage Cheese – 3 tablespoons
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, and milk together until you get a frothy mixture.
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt the butter on a medium-low flame. Make sure the entire surface is coated with butter.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir fry till it is wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture over it and spread it on the pan.
- Gently scrape up the edges and run the spatula to the centre of the egg mixture.
- When one side is fully done, flip the omelette.
- After both sides are done, transfer it to a plate and serve with a topping of cottage cheese.
5. Flourless Cheese Muffins
This baked delight is a great keto diet breakfast for you to prepare and store for a few days. It is also very light on the stomach.
- Almond flour- ½ cup
- Salt- ¼ teaspoon
- Baking powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Yeast flakes- ¼ cup
- Powdered flaxseed- ¼ cup
- Grated parmesan cheese- ½ cup
- Thin slices of green onion- ½ cup
- Eggs- 6
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Grease some muffin molds with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, cheese, yeast flakes, baking powder, and flaxseeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until they are fluffy.
- Now add this to the cottage cheese mixture with some onions and stir to make the batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin molds and place it in the oven.
- Bake for about half an hour or until the muffins start to turn brown.
- Once they are done, let them cool down and serve.
A keto breakfast, as you can see, does not have to be restricted to eggs. You can add a variety of dishes to your diet to make it exciting and healthy at the same time. Include all these recipes in your keto diet plan today and get started with your fitness journey.