Ranveer Singh is the hottest selling stars of Bollywood at the moment. Be it his chocolate boy look in Dil Dhadakne Do or the muscular look in Padmavat, he owns each role and preps his body accordingly.
For all your Ranveer Singh fans who wonder what does the superstar eat, what does his diet look like, and what are his favorite dishes, we got you all the answers today.
For Ranveer, it isn’t about being slim; the mantra is to stay healthy. He likes to work hard and doesn’t skip workouts. Following him on social media will tell you how much time he spends in the gym and the amount of hard work he puts in to be in best of shape.
In an interview that Ranveer gave to a leading newspaper, he mentioned that actor Hrithik Roshan is his inspiration when it comes to fitness. It was seeing Hrithik’s chiseled body that inspired Ranveer to follow his footsteps and work out to get a body like him.
That’s rule #1 – Having an inspiration. When you have a role model to look up to, you know what your goal is and strive hard to reach that level. For a lot of youngsters Ranveer Singh is that inspiration, so take notes on his diet and workout tips and follow them!
Ranveer Singh’s Diet
The biggest secret of Ranveer Singh’s diet is healthy home cooked meals. He tries to avoid junk food as much as possible. He has always focused on a high protein low-fat diet and that’s one of his biggest secrets. The protein-rich diet helps him maintain the muscles and gives him the desired energy and strength for intensive workouts. Lamb, chicken, and salmon are his favorite, and they provide the required protein as well. To compensate for the high protein requirement, he drinks protein shakes as mid-meal snacks that help in the repair of muscles. His day starts with a healthy dose of carbs that decrease through the day.
This is what he usually eats on a regular basis –
Breakfast – A banana and an egg white omelette
Lunch/ Dinner – Chicken/ Fish with some veggies
Snacks – Dry fruits (walnuts/ almonds) and protein shake
He also stays away from alcohol. Ranveer believes that a lot of credit for his physique goes to his not drinking. Alcohol tends to weaken your immune system which isn’t what you want when training hard for obtaining those rock solid 6 pack abs. It also cuts down the effects on the workout that you’ve done before drinking, thus he tries to cut down alcohol from his diet as much as possible.
Tip – Another tip that he shares is a low oil and low salt diet.
Image Source – Scroll.in
Eats every 3 hours
Ranveer Singh believes that in order to stay fit and keep up your diet, one must eat something every 3 hours. He usually snacks on fruits and nuts and ensures that he never skips a meal or goes without eating something for more than 3 hours.
Some of the highlights of Ranveer’s diet include –
- Roasted chicken with thyme, sweet potato, asparagus, and baby carrots – 40 protein, 40 carbohydrates, and 5g fat
- Garlic scented slow roast lamb with whole wheat fusilli pasta in pesto sauce – 40g protein, 40g carbohydrates, and 5g fat
- Stir-fried lamb tenderloin with peppers and okra beans – 40g protein and 5g fat
- Salmon with honey dressing, olives, microgreens, and capers – 40g protein and 10g fat
Just like us, Ranveer Singh also gives into cravings. And for him, Nutella is his weakness. He can have a spoonful any time. But as per his dietician, a healthy substitute is organic hazelnut butter.
Training for Padmavat
For his role in Padmavat, Ranveer trained really hard and we all could see the marvelous results on screen. He worked out twice a day for 6 days in a week.
Mornings were for a cardio session which was followed by a 25 minutes mobility drill. The morning workout would be of usually 40 – 45 minutes. The evening training session was more intense. It includes an hour or an hour and a half of heavy weight training and lifting.
He also focuses a lot on movement patterns that involved conditioning workouts like high-intensity interval training (HIIT) with burpees, push-ups, and power moves like squats and deadlifts, and mobility training. This high-intensity workout not just helped him get that muscular shape, but it also helped in his flexibility.
Image Source – indiatimes.com
Apart from spending time in the gym, Ranveer also likes to swim, go for running, and cycling. He also emphasizes the importance of warm-ups. Something as simple as 10 minute warm-up is a must, said Ranveer in one of the interview. It prepares your body for the upcoming training which is crucial!
Ranveer Singh Fitness Tips
- He believes that your state of mind makes a huge difference in your overall health. A happy state of mind will only add to the benefits of working out, adds Ranveer.
- He believes in eating high protein home cooked meals as much as possible.
- His workout also includes functional training like free hand exercises, swimming, and running to strengthen the core.
- He says you can divide your workout into two parts if you don’t have time. Just like him, you can do one-hour cardio in the morning to burn fat. The evening training session are more intense. It includes an hour or an hour and a half of heavy weight training and lifting.
- He keeps his diet super strict and believes in the 80:20 formula. 80% is done by your diet and 20% is done by the training.
Hope these tips inspire you to hit the gym or go out running and be in shape like your favorite superstar. Remember nothing comes easy, you need to work hard and invest time and passion. Follow your fitness journey wholeheartedly and take inspiration from the Simmba of Bollywood!