Vitamins tablets play a significant role in our body right from absorption of nutrients, preventing oxidative damage to triggering the production of various enzymes and hormones. Unhealthy lifestyle and lack of a proper diet can lead to various health issues.
Vitamin B-complex is a water soluble vitamin and consists of B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (niacin), B-5 (pantothenic acid), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-7 (biotin), B-9 (folic acid) and B-12 (cobalamin).
- B1 (thiamine): Thiamine helps in converting nutrients into energy and thereby plays an essential role in boosting metabolism rate.
- B2 (riboflavin): Vitamin B2 acts as an antioxidant and also helps in converting food into energy.
- B3 (niacin): Niacin plays an important role in boosting metabolism, cellular signaling, and production of DNA production.
- B5 (pantothenic acid): Pantothenic acid helps in the production of cholesterol and hormone. It also helps in boosting energy.
- B6 (pyridoxine): Pyridoxine provides amino acid metabolism. It also helps in the production of red blood cells and the creation of neurotransmitters.
- B7 (biotin): Biotin is essential for fat metabolism and regulates gene expression.
- B9 (folate): Folate is very essential for the growth of cells and boosts amino acid metabolism. It also helps in the formation of white and red blood cells.
- B12 (cobalamin): Cobalamin is perhaps the most well-known vitamin B and is very essential for DNA production, proper neurological function, and development of red blood cells.
Food Sources Which Contain Vitamin B Complex:
You can include various food items in your diet, which are a good source of the vitamin B complex. Some of the food items which contain B vitamin complex are meat (especially liver), poultry, eggs, dairy products, seafood, legumes, seeds, leafy greens, and fortified foods, like cereals and yeast. If one is unable to include these food sources in their daily diet, then they can get vitamin B complex capsules that are available on online stores like HealthKart.
Vitamin B-12 deficiencies can lead to various problems like anaemia, dementia, paranoia, and depression.
How Many Doses Of Vitamin B Complex Should Be Consumed?
Vitamin B complex is essential for our body, and it is important to know the right Vitamin B complex dosage to be consumed. As per gender, age and other variables, such as pregnancy, the recommended daily amount of Vitamin B complex dosage varies.
However, it is usually advised to take Vitamin B complex capsules in the morning as they provide a boost in energy. If these capsules are taken at night or during bedtime, then it can cause wakefulness. The recommended dosage is 1 tablet once a day. You can have it with or without food.
Pregnant and lactating women require a higher amount of vitamin B complex as compared to infants and children. Myprotein Vitamin B Complex and PureFoods Vitamin B Complex are some of the best vitamin B complex tablets in India, that you can find on www.healthkart.com
What Are The Benefits Of Consuming Vitamin B Complex Capsules?
Vitamin B-complex capsules are known to help with a lot of health problems. Here are some of the vitamin B complex benefits:
- Helps People With Migraine
According to a lot of studies, it is believed that B vitamins like B6, B9 and B12 can help in preventing problems such as migraine. Some studies also show that vitamin B12 present in vitamin B complex influences the mitochondrial dysfunction that occurs at the cellular level and thereby prevents migraine pain.
- Helps in reducing depression and anxiety
Studies show that deficiency of vitamins like B-9 and B-12 can cause depression and anxiety. According to a study conducted in the year 2018, vitamin B supplements play an important role in reducing problems like depression and anxiety. Research says that taking B vitamins capsules or supplements regularly for several weeks to years is known to reduce the risk of depression relapse.
- Healing of Skin Wounds
Regular intake of Vitamins B complex supplements may help in healing your wounded skin.
- May Heal Canker sores or Oral ulcers
Vitamin B complex capsules are known to be very helpful in treating canker sores or oral ulcers.
- Improves premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Some studies also suggest that regular intake of a combined supplement of B complex and calcium supplements help in improving symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Helpful For Pregnant Woman
As vitamin B complex supplements contain folic acid, it is extremely helpful for pregnant women.
What Are The Probable Side Effects Of Using Vitamin B complex?
- Sometimes it might cause temporary and mild stomach upset
- Usually, this drug doesn’t cause any allergic reaction, but if such things happen with you then it is advisable to go and visit a doctor.
This article was all about vitamin B complex supplements, its uses, benefits , side effects, and recommended dosages. However, if you are undergoing any kind of medication, it is always recommended for you, to seek the advice of a doctor. Stay healthy and fit!