Every year, we celebrate world water day on every 22 march to raise awareness about saving water. Water is an integral part of not only our earth but also our body. Major parts of our body’s made from water that helps to carry nutrients throughout the body. According to some studies our lungs are composed of 83% water and both heart & brain are of 73% water. Bones consists of 31 % water, skin consists of 64% water and kidneys and muscles are 79% water. International water day raises the awareness of the people who are living without water. We also call it jal divas. The core focus of the water day is to achieve the sustainable development of sanitation and water by 2030.
How Drinking Water Helps Health:
It is a common hearing that water is essential for you and your health. Here are some reasons.
- Regulates temperature in the body: Mostly in summer, your body loses a significant amount of water via sweat that imbalances body temperature. To maintain the temperature, you need to stay hydrated. Because sweat no doubt keeps your body cool but body temperature rises. If you don’t replenish your body with water, you will lose plasma and electrolytes that leads you to illness.
- Maximize Athletic Performance: During physical activity athletes may lose water up to 6 to 10 % or their body weights. That affects your strength, endurance, and power. You may face some serious medical issues including seizures, hyperthermia, lower blood pressure level, and others. So, drink more water sip by sip while doing intense workout but in intervals.
- Prevents Constipation: You must have suggestions to eat fiber rich foods for avoiding constipation. But it is not only the way. It is also important to drink sufficient water per day. If you don’t do so fiber will not get absorbed properly. For a better result, drinking water in the morning is suggested by health experts. It would be better if you drink lukewarm water but avoid drinking hot water.
- Better Digestion: Experts confirm that drinking water during or before your meal helps your body to break down the meals easily. But avoid drinking water at night and after meal as you can face indigestion issues and hindrance in sleeping.
- Supports your weight loss: If you want to lose weight, use a drink water reminder in your phone. At Least take 2 liters of water in a day. Drink water when you feel hungry that helps you to identify your true appetite and avoids cravings. Also helps you in your urinary tract infection, kidney stones, and helps in boosting energy.
- Improves your mood: Proper hydration supports cognitive function and helps your in boosting alertness, focus, and short term memory. Also enough water in the body helps you improve confusion, anxiety, fatigue, and mood.
These are some of the health benefits of the water that help you to understand the essence of water in our life. But everybody is not so fortunate to have water for their daily needs. On the other hand fortunate people are wasting water in so many ways. This world water day 2021 let’s promise, we will support water safety in all the possible ways.