A gluten diet contains protein gluten that is found in rye, wheat, spelt, and barley. It contains a satisfying, sticky, and chewy texture when it is mixed with water. People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity feel uncomfortable after eating gluten foods. To avoid conditions like bloating, depression, headaches, diarrhea, constipation, skin issues, and fatigue, they should have a gluten free diet.
Benefits Of Gluten Free Diet:
Gluten free diet is considered healthy, especially for people with celiac disease. It has shown increased energy, reduced level of inflammation, weight loss, improved digestive systems. But more research is needed.
What is a gluten free diet food list?
Usually all types of vegetable oils, butter, nuts, seeds, and herbs are gluten free foods. There are also many other foods which exclude high fiber diet like non veg.
- Grains: Incorporate some grains like Arrowroot, Millet, Amaranth, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Wild rice, Teff, Oats, Quinoa, and others in your gluten free meals.
- Dairy Products: Plain milk is the most loved gluten free Indian food. Apart from it, plain yogurt and cheese are those dairy products which are gluten free.
- Non veg: Except from coated meat, all types of meats, fish, and eggs are gluten free diets.
- Fruits: Your gluten free diet plan is incomplete without bananas, pears, apples, citrus fruits, berries, peaches, and many more. Almost all types of fruits come in a gluten and dairy free diet.
- Vegetables: Some vegetables like cruciferous vegetables including broccoli and cauliflower, greens including kale and spinach, starchy vegetables including squash, corn, and potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion, radishes, and many others are great as gluten free diet foods.
Additionally, some of the gluten free carbs are soy, potato, sorghum, rice, tapioca, cassava, beans, and others.
What can you not eat on a gluten free diet?
Avoid gluten foods while curating a gluten free meal plan. The natural gluten rich foods are beer, ale, bleached flour, brown rice syrup, brown flour, bread flour, hydrolyzed vegetable (wheat), barley, rye, and others.
What are the symptoms of going gluten free?
Following gluten free diet without having a legit reason can show you many side effects including:
- Low in fiber that makes it not as good as whole grains for overall gut health.
- Can’t provide the better anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Lack of nutrients like vitamin B, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, calcium, zinc, Niacin, Thiamine, Calcium, and Riboflavin.
- Increased the risk of Diabetes (Type 2).
Can you lose weight by eating gluten free?
In some cases a gluten free diet has shown weight gain rather than weight loss. There is a lack of evidence that a gluten and dairy free meal plan can help you to lose weight.
Does gluten cause belly fat?
No absolute evidence is found so far that supports gluten is the reason for belly fat. It can be intolerant for your digestive system that helps the nutrients to get absorbed fast. Digestive issues can lead you to weight gain and other problems like diarrhea, vomiting, pain in belly, and others.
HealthKart Consult: Advice For Fitness Goals
For you all of those who are looking for an appointment for their diet plans including Paleo Diet, Vegan Diet, Keto Diet, Weight Gain Diet Plan for men and women, Intermittent Diet, Foods for PCOS, Lean Muscle Gain, and others, we have a relevant consultation for you.