How to boost my child’s immunity? This is the first and foremost question that parents always keep on asking. Well! There are a lot of foods that can help in boosting your kid’s immunity and help them fight the symptoms of common cold and flu.
Immunity boosting diet plans consists of food items that are necessary for activating the defence mechanism of your baby’s body. This diet plan will help your kids stay healthy.
How can I boost my child’s immune system naturally?
You have to follow a baby immune booster diet plan to enhance their immune system. The diet plan must include healthy and natural food items that are a rich source of both macro and micronutrients. Physical activity also plays a role in enhancing a child’s immunity.
What are the benefits of immune-boosting food items?
By consuming the best immune boosters for kids, your baby will be benefited in the following ways:
- Your kids will get all the nutrients that are necessary for healthy growth and development
- The immune booster for kids are known to help them stay energized all day long
- Immune boosters help them stay away from common cold and flu
- It is known to improve their sleep
- The immunity boosters can help in improving your kids digestive system
Which foods are best for immunity?
Here is a list of foods that acts as an immune booster for kids:
- Turmeric: Rich source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, fibre, calcium, flavonoids, iron, niacin, zinc, potassium and other vital nutrients
- Lemons: Rich source of vitamin C
- Bananas: Rich source of B6
- Apples: Rich source of vitamin C
- Mushrooms: Rich source of niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid
- Dry fruits and nuts: Rich source of Calcium, Zinc, Potassium, Phosphorus, Protein, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, C, E, K and B6.
- Guava: Rich source of vitamin C
- Meat and fish: Rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B, zinc and iron
- Milk and other dairy products: Rich source of probiotics, vitamin D and immunoglobulins
Foods to avoid:
If you want your child to follow a diet plan that can act as an immune booster for toddlers/ children of any age group, then they should avoid:
- Processed food
- Foods and drinks that contain high amounts of sugar
- Refined carbohydrates
Are bananas good for the immune system?
Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, which acts as one of the best immunity-boosting foods for kids.
Which fruit is good for the immune system?
Oranges, strawberries, apples, bananas, broccoli, mangoes and lemons are the fruits best immunity booster foods for children.
Book An Appointment With HealthKart Consult
Book an appointment with us today and get to know more about various diet plans and their benefits. You can select a weight gain diet plan, or weight loss diet plans like Keto diet, gluten-free diet, intermittent diet, high fibre diet, etc. You can get a curated vegan diet plan or non-veg weight loss plan. For lean muscle gain and muscle building, follow bodybuilding diet plans.